1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Denied rear TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WilsonTheDog, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Jan 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    airbornekat

airbornekat Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Grey Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I had mine done several weeks ago. I called corporate and told them what I was experiencing..harsh ride under load. They called the dealer and the dealer called me with a date to drop the truck off. The TSB, replaces the 3 leaf pack, with a 4 leaf pack, plus a realignment all under warranty. You shouldn't have to prove anything to the dealer if its a TSB. It's not a recall cause no one got killed from it basically. My truck now rides like a truck, stiffer suspension. Go through corporate, its their mistake. Throw in words like harsh ride without exceeding load limit, feels unsafe, and happen intermittently. Also helps if your within your warranty limits too.

Good Luck.

2. Jan 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    hellrazor004

hellrazor004 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB
    I got denied the first time on my 09 DC, even with the TSB printed. Decided to borrow ~500lbs of sand from a friend. Loaded it into the bed of the truck and proceeded back to the dealer to show them how much sag was in the @$$ end. Took a little arguing but the tech finally looked up the TSB and scheduled my appointment. Will have it performed tomorrow.

...be persistent, but don't be a jerk about it.

3. Jan 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    If dealerships don't jerk the customer when they call them out on this TSB and are within warranty mileage then they wouldn't turn customers into jerks and have them acting like jerks to get what they are due. Just do the fuckin TSBs already and quit hassling people for wanting the truck the way it should have came to begin with....for SEVEN model yrs and counting. Fuck nice unless they check the mileage, check what's on the truck, order parts & schedule an appointment upon your request WITHOUT any bullshit about it.

4. Jan 18, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    UPDATE:

Talked with the service manager today, and she said she was not aware of the TSB for the 2011.

I informed her that I had a copy of it sitting in front of me and I gave her the number. She inquired if I had the truck in for inspection, and I said "no" and I would prefer to just set up an appointment to have it done based on the availability of the upgrade to 4 leafs. I want my truck to BE A TRUCK.

She said she would check on the time frame for ordering the parts and get back with me.

She did, and I will be getting the work done Thursday or Friday of this week.

Not really too difficult, but I think she knew my resolve to get it done.

If nothing else works, make them aware that Toyota is just a phone call away.

1-800-331-4331

5. Jan 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    ...and I informed them of that as well ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top