1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dented rear bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ProtoJ, May 4, 2009.

1. May 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    ProtoJ

ProtoJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Double Cab, Superwhite
    Removed 2nd air fliter, AFE Pro Dry filter, Scangauge II, shorty antenna, ARE CX Topper, URD Short Throw w/ TRD Shift Knob, Toyota Chrome Exhaust tip, FJ TRD Center Caps, Westin Prerunner bar w/ Hella 500 Lights, Hardwired Garmin
    So I started a new job today, and the parking lot was extremely tight. After several attempts to back out of my parking spot I hit the car behind me. I have a quarter sized dent in the rear painted bumper. Does anyone know if a paintless dent place can pull this out? I got most of the scratches out allready.

I left a note on the car I hit...but no phone calls yet. I hope it wasn't one of my new co-workers!

2. May 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    lsocoee

lsocoee My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    First off, thank you for leaving a note.

You're lucky you didn't slam your truck too hard. I'm on the hook for $3100 because someone backed into me and dented in my bed side panel.

Yes, I would think that a paintless dent place should be able to fix it. I was thinking that I could get a set of body dollies and hammer the dent out of mine to make it look respectable.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46779

3. May 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    plmber58

plmber58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner sr5 package Pyrite Mica color
    BLU Logic, Ipod interface, storage lock box for existing storage area, debadged, new color grill, wet okole seat covers, coming a Kenwood DNX6140 radio head unit, and a Protecta bed mat
    I have the same dent but in a chrome rear bumper> Some a...H... hit the truck when it was parked and left no note. So how to get the dent out of the bumper but I also realize it is a truck after all. Still I do not even have plates for it. Kind of hurts:sick:

To Top