1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dependants at lunch...

Discussion in 'Military' started by PELLEY, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Feb 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    TyT

TyT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    Not trying to get into this like I know what you miltary guys deal with but I am a dependent and I agree that yall should basically be able to do as you please on and off base! I CAN NOT STAND IT when Im on base and there are dependents that have no respect for you guys and gals and all that you do! Actually there not even the worse the CIVI'S the guys who are on base only for construction etc are the most rude and ungrateful sons of bitches around!

There is a reason why on or off base no matter where I am I shake these amazing men and womens hands and thatnk them for their scarafice beacuse yall deserve 10000000 Times more than what yall recive from people and our government and I hope to one day to join your ranks after 2 mor years in college!

So it makes me sick when people like t4daddy says comments like he did and when people just have no respect for our men and women heros! SO THANK YO VERY MUCH FOR WHAT YALL DO!! AND ANYONE DOSENT LIKE IT YALL CAN SUCK IT!BESHES!

Ty

2. Feb 28, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    PELLEY

PELLEY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Haha, great description. It usually doesn't bother me, just one of those days today I guess. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

3. Feb 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    A little over a month ago, I was at Advance Auto, and the guy ahead of me was trying to get a military discount. The guy behind the counter is ex-mil and told the guy his "contractor" ID doesn't count. Damn, I was pissed when I overheard that and went off on the guy. He apologized somewhat, and was supposedly told by his boss that it was OK--I'm sure--it matters not. After the guy left, the vet at the counter told me it happens all the time... contractors trying to get military discounts with their contractor access IDs. Trying to get something for nothing. Makes me sick.

This country is degenerating into a "give me something for free or I'll protest" society. Damn leeches. What ever happened to working hard and earn your own way??? Class warfare at it's finest. And, for those that serve or who have served get screwed... just look what they are trying to do to TriCare nowadays, but yet, entitlement programs keep growing. Entitlement? Based on what? Here's a novel idea: Earn it, you bastards!

OK my rant is over.

4. Feb 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    PELLEY

PELLEY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Very well said!!!!! Even though I am in the service, I know many others risk much more than I do. I have never been on a convoy, but I know many have been. I give as much thanks as I can to my peers who have taken the risk, it makes me happy to see others who feel the same way too!!!

Enjoy your ROTC, I am certain you will make a fine officer when it's time!!!

5. Feb 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    Retiree here also. I rarely get to a base these days, but I remember well exactly what you're talking about OP. I also remember seeing things that used to be reserved for active duty/dependents/retirees slowly erode into a policy of any assrag who could get on base had use of all of the facilities.

Products Discussed in

To Top