1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Depressed wife

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by Jester243, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Dec 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Sorry to hear that :(. My mom has bad bouts of depression also. She's on numerous meds.

Your wife is in my prayers.

2. Dec 9, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    This is the kinda thing that makes this place so special. People just jumpin in with truly helpful stuff no matter the situation. Kudos hombre.........

3. Dec 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM
    paulm09tacoma

paulm09tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab trd
    i hope your family pulls through. its a tough illness

4. Dec 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    I was thinking what Jackal said about the meds taking a while to work.

Stand by her side, it will get better, prayers for you and your family...

5. Dec 9, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :pray: Eh, depression is no good man. I'm sorry to that your wife is having to go through this right now. Hopefully it'll be short lived. Prayers are definetly sent your families way...oh and happy holidays bud :pray:

6. Dec 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    T@co-I definately agree with you brother. Kudos to all:D

Dan- you have an awesome love for your wife man and that is very admirable! I will be keeping you and Jessica in my prayers.

Lots of good advice up above.

Merry Christmas:)

7. Dec 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    You know what...I went throught that a couple of years ago.

I was always the hardass......no stress....the rock in the family

But I got realllly depressed. It got so bad I had panic attacks and thought about suicide. I had a good life....made kick ass money...nice house....toys....no debt....great family.

I went to the shrink and he put me on all kinds of meds. The meds didn't do anything but ruin my sex life! LOL

What I did was....I took some time.....figured out what was bugging me.....addressed the situation....and dumped them stupid friggin pills!

It took some time for me to figure out what was wrong but I did it on my own.

I never took pills before that for anything other than a headache and don't take any now....

I don't think meds is the answer.....sit down and talk.....figure out the underlying problem.

Good luck brother!!!

8. Dec 9, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    yeah man..ill be prayin for yall

9. Dec 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    X2, theres some good advice there. I've been thru this with my wife and my daughter. In their case (not knocking anything Big K said) meds were the answer. It takes time to find the right combination, have patience. Good luck.

10. Dec 9, 2009 at 2:46 PM
    Death_Stalker

Death_Stalker " The Master Ninja"

Member:
    First Name:
    Talha
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner LE
    TRD Pro Wheels BFG AT Tires
    Thanks for helping out its great info .. useful for everyone here you never know who goes through what and when....Rep for you on this ...!!!

You and Jessica are in my prayers.. Amen

11. Dec 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM
    Ese Loco

Ese Loco Taco Man Sam

Member:
    Vero Beach, FL / Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4 V6 6-speed
    Legal Florida Tint all-around, 1.5" add-a-leaf, bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Light Racing Coilovers, Removed secondary air filter, K&N airfilter, Amsoil 100% synthetic motor oil, Amsoil synthetic severe gear in rear differential, Differential breather mod, Painted rims and logo's black, amsoil oil filter
    Unfortunately i can relate and all i can say is get rid of the PILLS. My sister went through this and Unfortunately went through a sever bout of depression and due to the sleep aids, anti-anxiety and other medications she is now dealing with a severe bout of addiction. Try more natural things, it sounds like she needs a break from everything and time to realize what is actually going on. Since this is something on my mind from another thread, for a sleep aid and general relaxation medication you could even consider marijuana in small doses before sleep and what not instead of artificial medications. It ultimately comes down to figuring what is at the root of the problem. I wish you and your wife the best and my prayers are with you. Nothing in life is permanent and we go through phases, this may just be one of them.

Sam

12. Dec 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    cicada83

cicada83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midland, MI
    Vehicle:
    Retro white SR5 4x4
    Volant ram air, Bestop soft topper
    Depression is a though thing to kick. I am not a social worker of any sort but I do have my MBA so I know a thing or two about managing people.

Here are my 2 cents. Find the source of the depression. It sounds like it is work. If this is the problem analyze how it can be fixed ie: transfer, address issue at work or quit. Even though the economy is bad there are options. Maybe your wife wants to pursue a new career ie: going back to school. Look you may be seeing dollar signs, but what is your wife's happiness worth really.

My experience is people like to talk about themselves, this is if they are being asked the right questions.

Finally maybe she feels stuck in a rut. If you guys love each other how long has it been since you have done something spontanious? Women love to be surprised and love to feel treated special (doesn't everyone). Take the vacation you have been talking about. Get away from the menotony of life for a little while together; reconnect.

Doing any of this things should shake things up a bite. Most people that are depressed it is because they can't see the bright side or don't have a feeling of purpose. Show her how important she is everyday.

13. Dec 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    The best thing you can do - is be the understanding, supporting, & loving husband. Being there for her through thick-n-thin. TOGETHER you'll weather this thing.... And seriously, PLEASE don't let this drag you down also.
    The worst thing you can do, is allow all this to affect your attitude.
    If you're affected by it, then you won't be able to help her with it.

Do both of you have any hobbies that you do together?

Go out and do something different.... find a new hobby, take a hike in the woods, be spontaneous and take a 2 hour drive to visit a restaurant or museum or zoo, anything. Sign up to see a commedian or a show...

I guess what I'm saying is..... Get together (entire family) and do things together. Get out there and enjoy the world and eachother. That'll help get her mind off things....pre-occupy her mind with busy activities.

It'll make your entire family stronger and definately let her FEEL supported!!
    Prayers go out to all of you for this tough time!!

14. Dec 9, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Depression can be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain so medication might just be what she needs. The problem with that is that it can take 4-6 weeks to kick in and there are different kinds of anti-depressants that it's oftentough to find the right one right away.
    The job could be part of the cause or the peression could be why she's feeling so bad about the job. It's a tough call. When you're depressed nothing feels right. While it's hard for you to be around her when she's feeling like this, believe me, she doesn't even want to be around herself! No one likes feeling that bad. Christmas could be part of the problem too. Has she recently lost any family members or friends that the thought of CHristmas without them is making her sad? Believe me, there's really nothing you can do except be there for her. If she argues with you or blames you for things try not to take it personally, she's just looking for something/someone to blame for the way she feels. Someone suggested it could be her thyroid. I would suggest she get a complete physical along with bloodwork to maybe see if there's something physical going on. You'll defintely be in my thoughts and so will she. Hang in there, it will get better.

15. Dec 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Damn, man I am sorry to hear that. Is she bi-polar? sounds a good bit like it. Definitely praying for you.

16. Jan 20, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 [OP] all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    So it has been a while since this started, I think just prior to Thanksgiving. Since then she has left her job and as of this morning at 8:00 she has gone back to school to be a certified medical assistant or something...something. We figured out that a majority of the stress was working at a job that enjoyed using her as a doormat, thankfully that part is over. I wanted to say thank you from both of us for the kind thoughts and prayers as well as suggestions. She is being weened off of the meds and does not require a sleep aid at night, that is so nice :). Just wanted again to say thank you TW on behalf of Jessica and myself.

17. Jan 20, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Glad to see that things seem to be on the mend!

18. Jan 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I am glad everything is starting look positive. Keep the faith. I will continue to send prayers to you and your family. We are here if you need us.

:pray:

19. Jan 20, 2010 at 8:35 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Good to hear.

20. Jan 20, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    :woot: Still praying for you guys.

To Top