1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Devil Horns Emblems

Discussion in 'Diaz Fabrication' started by Andres, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Oct 25, 2008 at 6:20 PM
    RedTaco2134

RedTaco2134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Portland, Or
    Vehicle:
    08 Long Bed TRD Sport
    295/70/17 Cooper STT Pro, Revtek 3" lift. TSB rear and Blistein 5100's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097063
    Here's a flick of mine, got it a few months ago. This guy knows what he is doing, believe you me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Oct 25, 2008 at 11:27 PM
    jrukus

jrukus jason r

Member:
    queen charlotte islands
    Vehicle:
    black '08 trd tacoma
    285/70/17r tires on stock rims, sirius radio
    Hello customworks83, I hope you still have a few more devil horns 'cause my old lady said she e-mailed you about one today through e-bay, but when she went back to e-bay to order it the site said "item ended", so she was wondering if you could re-list your sweet-ass product so she can purchase one. Hope you can accommidate us. Thanks.

3. Oct 26, 2008 at 3:21 AM
    Andres

Andres [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road
    The emblem on Ebay has been relisted.
    I'd like to make a note that if she buys it from ebay I can't give her the TW discount. The TW discount is only for direct paypal transactions not involving ebay. I haven't had anything wrong happen both ways, you guys make the choice.
    -Andres

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Oct 26, 2008 at 4:06 PM
    Flyin' Squirrel

Flyin' Squirrel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Longbed 4X4
    TRD Sport, 3" Revtek suspension lift, Borla exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Westin chrome nerf bars, Moto Metal chrome rims, limo tinted rear windows, Devil Horns grill emblem, extra bed D-rings
    Here's some pics of mine. Great product and great price too. I highly recommend you guys grab one before they're gone.

IMG_3115_d0c4f286ea02953a98fac44181b4cbbfab937a23.jpg
    IMG_3117_e4cc19ce4e40290a3b2ff7115ba050b46db23b5d.jpg

5. Oct 26, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    t-frax

t-frax Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRUNNER TRD Sports Pkg, Black
    Pop&Lock, Bakflip, spare tire lock, folding hitch step, alarm, n-fab steps, more to come hopefully

hey customworks, do you CNC special request emblems to fit the toyota? cause i'm looking to get an emblem to replace the front of my toyota 2008. i like the devil horns you make but i was looking for someone to do a slipknot trible "S" that would fit in its place...

[​IMG]
    is that something you can do if i modify the design? if so any quote you could give me. thanks.

6. Oct 26, 2008 at 8:32 PM
    de3zy

de3zy New Member

Member:
    Atlanta, JoJa
    Vehicle:
    97 taco
    Very nice... Do you do shift knobs and things of that nature as well? You'd make a killing off ebay.

7. Oct 26, 2008 at 9:03 PM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    Nice pics everyone! Sad to know I won't be making these anymore, everything comes to an end eventually. I will make a few for previous generation tacomas, still waiting for a grill from a forum member as I will use it for dimensioning purposes and ship it back with a free emblem. people have been asking me to make shift knobs, I would if I had a CNC lathe available. Also, about that sic Slipknot logo yes I can do it but not at the moment. I have too much in my hands with work, school and side projects but send me your e-mail address with a brief description and I'll have you on my list (sorry, I write everything down) and I'll notify you with a quote. since everyone's posting pics, here's one that I look back to. I was 19 at the time and I took on this project not knowing if I was going to succeed or not:
    CIMG0454Small_ac0280e75de5104a1ee1f08af516b3e6ee1e469c.jpg
    here's the 3D geometry:
    CIMG0424Small_61fce7ec2f6024731476b5e5ccd407671c024d41.jpg
    Raw block of aluminum
    CIMG0212Small_3539ade7522773594e67b749ef38c5f9e6a7f57e.jpg
    First and second wheel
    CIMG0436Small_ee465a8a2ce77b17e35662be5f1b2ad9abf30418.jpg
    This is still an unfinished wheel
    CIMG2217Small_cac806d5ce8fc13acf54c6efab38dfd090aa3293.jpg
    It never got finished, it's an aluminum biohazard steering wheel made for a friend of mine. He used to have a classic car and he asked me to make it for him, unfortunatelly he sold his car due to financial problems before I could finish it. I made another one as well, you can see it unfinished inside the machine. He said he was sorry, he paid for it and he let me keep it. that project was tough, it was made in school and even the instructor stai'd with me until midnight sometimes.I learned programming 3D on my own, how to operate that machine, set-up, TLO's... countless hours.
    When someone has a passion for something, they get to know themselves a lot better.
    just taught i'd share.
    -Andres

8. Oct 26, 2008 at 9:58 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    Dude really you have to stop showing us stuff like that. Your only giving people Ideas. Your obviously a pretty busy guy and the way you got people salivating right now your going to break a lot of hearts when you tell them sorry I just don't have the time. Unless this was your scheme all along...

9. Oct 26, 2008 at 10:06 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Ok so here is a serious question for you. That steering wheel started off as a pretty large hunk of aluminum. So what happens to the wasted aluminum do you just send it down to your everyday recycling joint or do you have some sort of a deal with your suplier where they buy it back and reprocess it since its already pretty clean? Just wondering.

10. Oct 27, 2008 at 6:58 AM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    Ninja,
    You have exactly the wrong Idea about me and if you were to do your homework a little better you would notice that I do help people that want custom stuff, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS!!!
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247840&page=2
    Read up how many 3D designs I came up with to find out that people don't want them anymore... do you see me whining about it? NO, sh!t happens! Please explain what you meant by Scheme. In the contrary making these emblems as well as other parts takes TIME that I should be using on studying and homework but I do it because I love what I do, if anything I go out of my way, out of what I'm suppost to be dong to try and make these parts. You have exactly zero idea how much these parts really cost compared to the prices I give, besides that I have to spend on material, gas money, coolant, cutters, holding fixtures, electricity, time for reverse engineering, time for design, program tool path, revising G-codes, loading tools into the CNC machine, machine time and that's not even guaranteed that my first part will come out right. Everything takes time, go talk to your local machine shop and compare their price with my price and figure out which price is really a scheme.
    -Andres
    BTW, out material supplier only "sells" the material, they don't fabricate it nor they recycle it. I take all of the aluminum chips as well as the small chunks of aluminum it to a special recycling center since my material is aerospace grade 6061 T6 aluminum, the other "everyday recycling joint" don't even know what 6061 aluminum is.

11. Oct 27, 2008 at 9:51 AM
    A_Ninja_Racer

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I meant no offence by my comment. The whole scheme thing was just a joke and I am more than impressed with your work. I do understand that that it is a very time consuming process from start to finish. I was only saying that showing off awesome pictures like that steering wheel is going to cause your to do list to grow exponentially (that’s not a bad thing) I'm sorry it didn't come off this way but everything in that comment was just my witty or unwitty way of saying "Wow that’s freakin awesome."

12. Oct 27, 2008 at 10:15 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    I'd love to see a Marine Corps Eagle Globe and Anchor!!! Think of the wide audience for that one...

13. Oct 27, 2008 at 10:16 AM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    Sorry Ninja, by the wording of it I interpreted something different. I'll have yours shipped today.
    -Andres

14. Oct 27, 2008 at 5:42 PM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    I can't beleive they're almost gone!
    I have 3 left guys, I figured I'd save them for the community instead of ebay.
    -Andres

15. Oct 27, 2008 at 5:59 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Hey Andres, be sure and post up when you get those done for the first gens, I'm game for one for sure.

Incredible work, I envy you creative types!

16. Oct 27, 2008 at 6:06 PM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    Sure thing, I'll leave a post here. I should be getting the first gen. grill by mail tomorrow if everything goes according to plan. I'll begin working on it right away.
    Back to physics homework... :(
    :D
    -Andres

17. Oct 27, 2008 at 6:42 PM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    Make that ONE LAST EMBLEM guys. :(
    -Andres

18. Oct 27, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    sockmonkey

sockmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Dbl Cab Pre-Runner
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    dibs?

PM sent

19. Oct 27, 2008 at 7:02 PM
    sockmonkey

sockmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Dbl Cab Pre-Runner
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    I love CATIA V5. (CAD system)

i am in tech support, supporting the use of that software for a major aircraft manufacturer :thumbsup:

20. Oct 27, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    Last emblem sold to sockmonkey :)

CATIA V5 Rulezzz!!!

Products Discussed in