1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dewalt vs Ryobi

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by boston23, Oct 11, 2019.

?

Dewalt or Ryobi driver

1. Dewalt

80.0%
  2. Ryobi

20.0%
  1. Dec 2, 2019 at 4:20 PM
    waytolatetothegame

waytolatetothegame Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno Tacoma TRD OR
    I question some of these brands like Dewalt or Milwaukee, or at least the folks creating the tool lineups.

Ryobi makes a standing light with over 1000 lumens. Dewalts and Milwaukee have similar lights but only have roughly 250. And guess which ones are more expensive ...

2. Dec 2, 2019 at 4:33 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    Battery power tools ... have mostly Ridgid and they have been good (I never register them). Have 2 Milwaukee and they are good. Used to have Mikita and they were good, but don't see them around much now. IMO, Milwaukee is a tad better than Ridgid.

My DeWalt chop saw is good.

My big electric power tools are mostly Milwaukee and they are excellent .. ie. Hole Hawg drills and etc.

Skil Worm Drive saw is excellent too.

Just my experiences.

PS ... I do something weird with my 120 VAC tools .... after I use them ... I clean out the metal or wood particles and many times (if it's sunny outside) I hose them them down good (inside and outside :eek:) ... no joke. Then, I take a leaf blower gently to them and put them in the sun to dry. Some of those tools are very old and look new and work perfectly after 20 years or so. I do NOT do this to tools with electronics or battery powered tools.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Hamer95USA likes this.
  3. Dec 2, 2019 at 5:20 PM
    Rottencotton

Rottencotton Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stinkin Rincon
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 2019 Tacoma SR 4x4
    Why don't you just put them in the dishwasher? much more convenient and most likely would do a better job.

SOSHeloPilot[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Dec 2, 2019 at 6:28 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    ...^^^... Ha Ha ... too much water for too long ... I actually learned that trick many years ago at a ... "Big Brand Name Service Center" (they were lightly pressure washing greasy electrical motor components and bringing them back to life) ... :)

To further extrapolate my thoughts ... this really happened ... About 1990 my basement flooded and mud was over 1/2 way up the wall. There was a new CRT TV down there that was flooded and full of red-clay mud. I was joking with a friend and told them I would hose it out and fix it. I took it outside on this open carport and gently washed it with soap and gently hosed the mud out of it. I left it outside for a couple of weeks (under the backyard workshop carport) and forgot about it. Later, I pugged it in and it actually worked, but the convergence and color was a bit off. Now this was an old sealed CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) and not a new flat screen.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  5. Dec 2, 2019 at 6:34 PM
    jowybyo

jowybyo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    '14 MGM DCSB Postrunner 4wd Conversion, Debadged
    Better than nothing. Most of the other manufacturers aren’t doing much of anything in the US. In reality Dewalt makes motors and some other components in the US and does a lot of assembly.

Products Discussed in

To Top