1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DFW area, have loaner/rental jackstands?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by slick_711, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Oct 15, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    slick_711

slick_711 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Off Road
    Avid light bar w/2x Hella 4000C, Bilstein 5100s, Demello sliders
    So I have finally decided to paint my wheels. I've been wanting to either paint or powdercoat them since I got the truck, but powdercoating is too much work what with removing the tires, the time and expense to have them PC'd, and then remounting the tires. I figure I should be able to paint all 4 myself over the course of one day easily.

My current living arrangements don't really afford me a place to store jackstands, so I don't want to buy a set just for this and then give them away. If anyone in the DFW area has a set of 4 jackstands they'd be willing to loan (or rent?) me for a day or two sometime; I will pick them up, return them, and be most grateful. :eek:

2. Oct 15, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    Taco76087

Taco76087 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Weatherford,Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma prerunner TRD SR5
    Rockford Fosgate p2 10'', Q-Logic Enclosure, JVC KD-PDR30 Ipod Connection, Rockford p200.2 Amp, Clear Corners, KING Coilovers, Rancho Rear shocks FJ TRD Trail Teams Wheels with 285/75/16 Duratracs
    Where are you in DFW I'm painting mine soon, and it's just an extra set of wheels, so all jackstands will be available

3. Oct 15, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    slick_711

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Off Road
    I figured I'd use my dad's driveway, Colleyville/Grapevine area. Weatherford is a little bit of a drive but it wouldn't be too far. I normally drive through there on my way to my deer lease.

If you're painting yours soon too maybe we should just get a case of beer and call it a mini-mod day? :p

4. Oct 15, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    ^If you guys don't meet up I have a set of 4 jack stands in my garage you could use. They're in Colleyville too.

5. Oct 19, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    slick_711

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Off Road
    Well I just ordered some Bilstein 5100s the other day as well, so I guess I will be PMing you to borrow your jackstands in the near future ItalynStylion.

I figure I'll paint the rims and between coats I can monkey around trying to figure out swapping shocks. :D

It occurred to me after the fact that I have wheel weights on there, obviously I'll paint them, but what to do about the rim underneath them? Are they easily removed and replaced if I mark their location? Or should I just not worry about it and keep the spray can for when I get new rubber down the road?

Products Discussed in

To Top