1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Diamondback Toneau Cover?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by gundamzero, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Jul 12, 2017 at 1:27 PM
    gundamzero

gundamzero [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport Upgrade DBL CAB
    Hey,

Does anyone in Canada use the Diamondback Toneau Cover. I really like it, but I am having trouble finding a shop in Canada that carries them.

Is there any other good options for Toneau covers in Canada, other than the Vinyl Trifold the Dealership offers.?/

2. Jul 12, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    Auroraboy

Auroraboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    London, Ont., Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand DCSB Off Road
    Husky Weatherbeaters, BAK Revolver X2, front bedrail, Salex console tray, Predator Steps
  3. Jul 12, 2017 at 3:13 PM
    Exracer2

Exracer2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colchester Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-Road Alpine White ACLB
    BRO grille, KICKER speakers, Key amp, Hideaway sub
    I had one on my Dodge 2500. I had the HD with the stupid crazy weight rating of 1600lbs on top of it. LOVED IT!!! These are super heavy duty yet one person can remove or re-install the whole thing in ten minutes after initial install.

I have carried a dirt bike on top. Skids of various things. Bought a 60 gal compressor on sale one day when I wasn't expecting to and I flipped one end back and tied it down. The compressor slipped right in behind.

Now price in Canada is ridiculous. Add to the high exchange at the moment and prices aren't very cheap. I was lucky and found my Dodge one used. I looked at getting one for the Tacoma but the dollar was low and exchange high so I have held off for now. I no longer operate my own business full time anymore so I don't need the security day to day and I have an enclosed trailer now so it isn't as big a nessecity at the moment. But if you need high security there is no better option.

TinoTaco likes this.
  4. Jul 20, 2017 at 8:16 PM
    gundamzero

gundamzero [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport Upgrade DBL CAB
    Thanks guys, Seems there is no AD in Ontario and they want me to buy straight from them.

I wonder if I can get the dealer to install it for me, since I don't want to screw up the install.

5. Jul 20, 2017 at 9:21 PM
    Exracer2

Exracer2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colchester Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-Road Alpine White ACLB
    BRO grille, KICKER speakers, Key amp, Hideaway sub
    The install is super easy. On the Tacoma i am not sure if they offer a system to mount to the rails but I would try that.

Normal install as per my old dodge was to use standard clamps that clamp truck caps / toppers for the center fixed section. Then install the "wing" sections at each end. Final step is to align the lock pins. I think I read you might have to drill a hole at each corner in the bedside. On my Dodge it simply went under the lip at the sides of the bed.

Now if you can get aluminum angle to bolt to the center section and use bolts and t-nuts to fasten this to the bed rails that would be awesome. If the lock pins fit into bed rails as well bonus.

If you can assemble IKEA stuff you can do this install. It is not hard at all.

Products Discussed in

To Top