1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

diff breather mod help

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by fireturk41, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Feb 26, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    to do this can i use the old breather? i forgot to buy a new one and am going to shoe creek this weeken and dont wanna screw it up:(

2. Feb 26, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    i dont see why you couldnt as long as the tubing is secured to it well. but im not an expert. im picking up my parts from the dealer for this tomorrow. im not doing it untill i warm up a few degrees though. good luck.

3. Feb 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    it'll work if whatever hose you use for the extension will fit it. otherwise....go to lowes/home depot/autozone and get a small lawnmower fuel filter....the flat type.

4. Feb 26, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    bmgreene

bmgreene Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    L.A. Westside
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner V6 SR5/OR
    Alcan Leaf Packs, OME884 Coils, 5100 shocks, U.S. Offroad Winch Mount w/Winch, Trail Gear Rear H/C Bumper, Prinsu Cabrack, DIY custom in-bed storage/sleeping deck, Sway bar delete, hidden "snorkel" intake mod, In-dash CB, Bestop Supertop, Undercover Swingbox, hood lifters, assorted lights and front spotting camera
    If the threaded end on the new breather is snug/tight in the hose and you crank down the hose clamp good and tight it should probably be OK.

I ran into an issue of the nipple on the breather being bigger than the nipple on the adaptor so I had to split one end of the hose and wrap it over with duct tape before clamping. I did manage to jam the nipple into unsplit hose to just past the bulge, and probably only had real trouble 'cause I got some lined fuel hose instead of just rubber.

5. Feb 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    wait so if i have something like a lawn mower fuel filter i dont even need it?

6. Feb 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    correct. as long as air can go in and out of the diff. freely and there is something on the end of the hose to keep dirt/debris from entering the diff and contaminating the oil, it will work

7. Feb 26, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    I used the original breather and clamped it in. Works fine.

8. Feb 26, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    yaya! i know what im tonight then!

Products Discussed in

To Top