1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Different Dual Exhaust Idea...thoughts/opinions?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TacomaGus, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    Well since I don't plan on supercharging my truck in the near future, true duals doesn't seem like the best setup for me. However, I was thinking about keeping part of my setup, essentially the "mid pipe" area after the y that runs through my vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Then after the resonator, split it into another "y" and then run two aero 2525's off that y and straight back. Then I could keep my resonator and current aero and just get one more. More of a tuner car type setup but I think it's interesting.

What do you guys think? Or would it just be better to run a y after my current muffler and just 2 pipes out the back and save some cash?

P.s. I don't care if you think duals look stupid on a tacoma, or they should "only be on a V8," I just want opinions on this type of setup

2. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I think it's a waste of money since you will likely have no performance gains to show for it.

3. Apr 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    MEMO CAMPOS

MEMO CAMPOS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    05 PRERUNNER
    TC Upper Arms, ICON coilovers, Camburg spindles, AP standard leaf packs, ICON Resi.'s, AFE intake, Magnaflow Magnapack, Defiant Light Bar with PIAA 580's, 6K HID's top and bottom
    Too much exhaust, our engines will never put out the volume it takes to push exhaust out almost 5" 's of piping. This will also at best put your torque in the high end of your rpm range but most likley you would loose all your bottom end. I thought about something similar my self but after lots of research its just not good on our trucks.

4. Apr 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    y pipe it after ur current muffler save some cash and it will be louder than 2 mufflers since there is have the bafflings so it would sound better to me. thats what i did essentially. i actually t'd into the existing pipe at the peak of the bend about the axle and went strait behind the spare and more or less 90* out the back, i didnt have access to a mandrill bender so i had to work with the spare pipe i had and this was the best solution. i cut off the stock end where it 90's out and ran it strait a back as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuuu3ROeDAA

5. Apr 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    Would it hurt performance to just have a y after my
    Single aero that I have currently to have the dual look? I know none of this is going to help performance much. I just really want some more sound/look. I just wish aero made a dual out muffler too

6. Apr 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    MEMO CAMPOS

MEMO CAMPOS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    05 PRERUNNER
    TC Upper Arms, ICON coilovers, Camburg spindles, AP standard leaf packs, ICON Resi.'s, AFE intake, Magnaflow Magnapack, Defiant Light Bar with PIAA 580's, 6K HID's top and bottom
    Just keep the pipes at 2 1/4" and u should be fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top