1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Differential Lock button on 2007 4X4 Tacoma TRD Sport

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by TacomaInRoseville, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dec 8, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    TacomaInRoseville

TacomaInRoseville [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roseville, CA
    Hi everybody, I'm new. I thought the 4X4 High or Lo switch on the dash would lock the diff, but I see an 07 with the switch that I'm accustomed to seeing on Pre Runners, in addition to the 4 High/Lo selector. I assume the Diff Lock is optional, but what is the advantage it offers? Thanks for any comments.

2. Dec 8, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    well when you back tires are locked they spin at the same time instead of freely. IF you have one tire up off the ground with lsd your pretty much screwed.

3. Dec 8, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    but now they have AFAP :D.

Products Discussed in

To Top