1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Differential Oil Question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Pat Masac, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Jun 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    You bet. Good luck! BTW, I replaced the crush washer the FIRST time I changed the diff fluid (about 50k miles ago); I didn't replace it the SECOND time (about 100 miles ago). If you notice leak/drip post-change, you'll know a replacement is necessary....in which case you can just drain the new stuff into a new (clean) pan, and refill after replacing the crush washer.

2. Jun 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    Pat Masac

Pat Masac [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Beaumont, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma V6 2WD
    Thanks for all the advice on the diff oil change. The whole job took me about 45 minutes. The fill plug took a little muscle with a breaker bar and a 15/16" socket, but the drain came out with no problems. The oil was a little dark but looked really clean. The magnet on the drain plug had some fine metal on it but nothing major. The Sta-Lube pump made life REALLY easy. I'd highly recommend dropping the 10 bucks for this if you don't already have on. I flushed mine and plan on re-using it for a transmission oil change. Now, on to my goal of 500k miles! I love not having a car payment- I can't help but laugh every time I see a new GM product on the road with rear lights out. Best, Pat

Products Discussed in

To Top