1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Differential

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco Guy11, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Apr 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    So I have a 2011 trd sport 4x4 I was wonder what's out there aftermarket wise as far as limited slip differentials. My truck doesn't not have a mechanical limited slip just the electronic brake controlled autoLsd is there anything out there I could install to get a bit more traction? Thanks

2. Apr 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    arb air locker is best but best isnt cheap

3. Apr 23, 2012 at 4:22 AM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    Any other options not a hardcore wheeler just a every now and again I like to play I haul a boat and such I had limited slip in my last Chevy it was the shit would go in 2wd anywhere if u had weight in the bed lol

4. Apr 23, 2012 at 4:51 AM
    Goldstar225

Goldstar225 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pre-runner SR5 4X2
    Don't sell the auto LSD short just yet. I have a pre-runner with Auto LSD and had reservations about it's ability to pull my boat up a very steep and slippery ramp I use once a year. I had no problem at all. It got me up the ramp just fine, the same ramp that my Silverado spun on the year before and had to be pulled up. I'm still not sure what the limits are for the auto LSD but I'm cautiously optimistic.

5. Apr 23, 2012 at 5:25 AM
    Canazes9

Canazes9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 Dbl Cab TRD Sport / '12 Dbl Cab Offroad
    I agree. I have a '12 4x4 Offroad and a '07 4x4 Sport. The '07 has a real LSD, the '12 has auto LSD. I can hear the solenoids working on the '12, but that's the only difference I've been able to tell as far as LSD performance - the auto LSD works just as well. The auto LSD is also for both front & rear axles in 4Hi vs just the rear for '07 true LSD and it makes a noticeable difference. If you are experiencing a lack of traction w/ your auto LSD you need to upgrade to lockers as a conventional LSD won't make any significant traction improvement.

David

Products Discussed in

To Top