1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dilemma..So I'm thinking about selling my truck and getting a Subaru BRZ...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1Baddtaco, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Apr 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    kiteboarder

kiteboarder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I drive stick. Only.
    To come.
    There you go...! Mazda MX-5. That's what I drive and while the BRZ and FR-S look great, there's no way I'd change my MX5 for one of those.

I typically only go for cars that have already been proven. That means... They must have been out on the market for a good couple of years. More than 20 for the MX5 - and 6 years for the current MX5 that I have.

Now, if the BRZ and FR-S come out and get proven in the next 3-4 years... THEN, and only then will I think that are really good. Not based on journalists reviews alone.

2. Apr 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM
    1Baddtaco

1Baddtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 LongBed
    KN Amsoil fluids BFG Long Trails 265/70/17
    Well guys, it looks like these dealers are smoking crack and freakin crazy. I stopped by the local Subaru dealer and they said that since their only going to be receiving a handful of them, there is a dealer markup of $3500. I'm not ready to pay any markup on MSRP...I don't care what it is. I guess I'll just have to wait until the hype comes down a bit. People who are willing to pay are these ridiculous prices can go ahead do it...I'm not that desperate. Thanks for all your comments...

3. Apr 14, 2012 at 5:39 AM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
  4. Apr 14, 2012 at 5:41 AM
    Chris135

Chris135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Didn't want to read all 4 pages so sorry of this ha been said. The brz is is subarus version. Toyota is bringing the frs with scion. AND there will be a gt86 from Toyota as well. If you're serious about this hold off until they come out with the Sti brz. I heard it might not be released the first year as well as the the Trd version of the gt86, rumored to be supercharged or turbo. Definately sweet cars, the decision is fully up to you and you alone. I know I'd be buying one of I had the money but can't part with my truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top