1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dilemmas ?????

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Baja Gringo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Oct 25, 2011 at 6:38 AM
    Baja Gringo

Baja Gringo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD SPORT
    3" ProComp coilovers , Radar Renegades R7 M/T-295/70R17 , ProComp rims, N-Fab step bars, CB Radio, ICOM Race Radio, BajaRack roof cage and 32" light bar, LED MOD (Green) interior lights, Debadged, Lime Green Devil Horns Emblem, Tiregate, Roto Pax, custom rear led strobing light bar, custom rear bumper
    So I have a general question for all. I have a 2011 DC. Right now I'm running 32's with a front spacer and a rear add-a-leaf. That's basically a 3" lift; right? I'm trying to decide on staying at 3" and going to 33's or a 6" with 33's. I don't tow alot or anything like that. Why would I need to change the Gear Ratio? I would like to do it myself, not the gears but the lift. I don't really want to spend over $1,500, but if I have to: well then it is what it is. The whole gear thing is really throwing me for a loop. If y'all could help me out, I would really appreciate it.:mudding:

2. Oct 25, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    bendbolden

bendbolden Come and take them.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Moscow, TN
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser
    None but soon......
    Hey man. Alot of people would re gear if you went to 33's. Going to 6" I believe you would have to spend more than $1500 to do it right. Me personally with that budget I would get rid of those spacers and do a complete 3" lift kit and stick with the 32s so you wouldn't have to re gear.

Sweet truck BTW.

3. Oct 25, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    Hook & Ladder

Hook & Ladder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    16' TRD Tacoma
    The project @c4_fabrication-Sliders, HC bumper w/ swing out @kb_voodoo_fabrications-Bed rack @tepuitents-RTT @cali_raised_led-Fogs, ditch lights, bed stiffeners @prinsudesign-Roof rack @kingshocks-2.5 with adjuster @totalchaosfabrication-UCA @rcioffroad-diff skid plate Follow at @wicked_overland #nacrew
    agree

4. Oct 26, 2011 at 3:27 AM
    Baja Gringo

Baja Gringo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD SPORT
    3" ProComp coilovers , Radar Renegades R7 M/T-295/70R17 , ProComp rims, N-Fab step bars, CB Radio, ICOM Race Radio, BajaRack roof cage and 32" light bar, LED MOD (Green) interior lights, Debadged, Lime Green Devil Horns Emblem, Tiregate, Roto Pax, custom rear led strobing light bar, custom rear bumper
    :mudding:Thanks y'all.

5. Oct 26, 2011 at 3:29 AM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    I could see regearing with a 4cyl but plenty of guys run 33"s with the v6 and stock gears.

Products Discussed in

To Top