1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dirt King Fabrication (long travel kit) A++ Best Customer Support EVER

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by bren5279, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Mar 27, 2018 at 9:28 AM
    bren5279

bren5279 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendon
    new bern NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black Tacoma TRD Long Travel Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger Dirt King 14" Long Travel Kit Pro Comp 6" lift Fox dual rate 2.5" remote res front coil carriers Fox triple bypass 2.5" remote res front shocks Fox 12" 2.5" Remote Res. Shocks DSC adjusters (flutter shim stacks) ARB Lockers F+R 4.88 Regear F+R Shackle flip kit Bamf tall shock mount Demello Offroad Front Bumper Smittybilt Winchs F+R Method beadlock 17x9 Rims 37" Open country R/T tires Baja fiberglass Front Fenders Baja Fiberglass Rear Fenders Bulletproof Fab Front Grill Air Intake Reroute High Lift Jack Pro Comp Skid Plate KB Voodo Short Bed Rack CVT Cascadia Rooftop Tent
    These guys truly set the bar for how vendors should be! FANTASTIC customer support, probably the best I've ever encountered. If you are like I was deciding who to go with for long travel like I was, go with Dirt King Fab, you will be VERY happy you did.

If any of you are considering a long travel kit, I HIGHLY recommend you go with them. I spent weeks looking at all the different brands of long travel kits (Total Chaos, camburg, etc), and decided to take a little risk and go with Dirt King, and I'm extremely glad I did, largely due to the fantastic support I got. Getting a hold of them was never a problem, I was able to call them and get through to someone almost every single time, and they even called back several times even if I didn't leave a message. I was downright astounded when I called on a weekend in a real bind when I was installing, and I actually got through and got questions answered. Some of their parts are a bit pricy, but if I could do it all over again I would legitimately pay several hundred more than the other kits just for the sheer support I got from them.

Originally the kit I got had a slight mixup, however they expedited fabrication, coating and shipping just to get the right part to me on time. I had an out of the ordinary install, and they even helped me by doing custom upper arms to make the kit work on my setup once I hit some snags along the way. One of the guys named Greg offered endless advice and helped me get all of the stuff I needed to finish the install.

My Final Setup:
    Dirt King 3.5" long travel kit
    6" Pro comp drop bracket lift (I know, contrary, but I couldn't remove for other reasons)
    10" dual rate Fox 2.5" dual rate coilovers (800/700)
    10" Fox 2.5" bypass shocks

I never would have been able to make it all work without their help. Thanks again guys!

2. Jan 19, 2021 at 9:10 AM
    Jimmy92870

Jimmy92870 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas (DFW)
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB PreRunner
    Drop bracket and long travel that's crazy amazing that you made it work. Lol. Good stuff. I realize this post is 3 years old but still good stuff.

Myles G likes this.
To Top