1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dirt King LT

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by trevorkavanaugh, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Nov 4, 2015 at 9:22 AM
    trevorkavanaugh

trevorkavanaugh [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Tacoma TRD
    Stock (FOR NOW!)
    Hey, anybody have the Dirt King long travel kit? How do you like it? I just ordered mine a few days ago and will be installing it next month once all the parts are ready, thought I would ask how you like it :)

2. Nov 4, 2015 at 9:24 AM
    HAVVOKK

HAVVOKK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    It's a great starter kit to get yourself into the long travel scene it handles everything I've thrown at it so far. Make sure you have some form of upgrade for the rear because if you don't like me you will hate how your rear can't keep up with the front and you'll bottom out on everything once you get up to speed

trevorkavanaugh[OP] likes this.
  3. Nov 4, 2015 at 9:36 AM
    trevorkavanaugh

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Tacoma TRD
    Stock (FOR NOW!)
    TBH I am just doing the front for now because of financials, but plan to do the rear within 3 months of the front. I am doing this paycheck by paycheck so I don't really have the option to do both at the same time :/

4. Nov 4, 2015 at 9:42 AM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    Your rear is going to be almost double the cost of the front if your planning long travel rear end with bed cage and such which is why I haven't done mine but I plan on 4 linking my rear end and upgrading the front later it's all up to you but if you plan on using the long travel for what it is you'll want the rear done sooner than later and for a good set up for the rear your looking at an easy 4k and that's just for decent work not really good top quality stuff

5. Nov 4, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    Also make sure you have fiberglass or plan on getting fiberglass for the front I don't have mine yet and had to chop my fenders 3 inches to make sure I wasn't rubbing tires on fender on the road

trevorkavanaugh[OP] likes this.
  6. Nov 4, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    trevorkavanaugh

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Tacoma TRD
    Stock (FOR NOW!)
    Yeah I ordered the fiberwerx fenders so I will be good there :) I am gunna have dirt king build me a skidplate bumper too, I had them build the one I had on my Nissan Titan and loved it! I always wanted their LT kit for the titan but never got around to it, I am going to have them do most of the work on this truck. They are only like an hour and a half away from where I live and tbh their prices are very reasonable for their quality of work!

7. Nov 4, 2015 at 10:07 AM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    An hour and a half from you? Damn bro I'm suprise you don't go with someone closer to you there are fab shops all over san diego county and riverside county. I went dirt king because they are right down the freeway from me but they do really good work. Like I said the front LT will be jice but you'll want some form of upgrade for the rear I'd save up if I were you for the rear and go crazy with it you'll want an easy 20 inches of travel for the rear at least because you want those rear tires on the ground as much as possible and to help avoid bottoming out

8. Nov 4, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    trevorkavanaugh

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Tacoma TRD
    Stock (FOR NOW!)
    Well main reason is that they made a prerunner bumper for the Nissan Titan I really liked and after meeting them and seeing the work they do, I liked the way they work. Every time I have talked to them they are really helpful, always quick to respond, make great products and don't charge up the ass for installation... finding a shop that I can trust can be hard so the drive is worth it to me. If that is the case I might just not go wheeling till I have the rear done, but on the street it should still perform fine with only the front done right? I already ordered all the parts and planned to have them installed when they arrive. I mean, caging the bed, shock mounts, leafs and shocks for the rear will cost like another 5 grand probably right?

9. Nov 4, 2015 at 10:27 AM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    Your entirely correct and on and off road the front does great it's the back that sucks off road but still don't hesitate to get out there and test out that front suspension once installed you'll love it but yes the rear will be upward 5k depending on exactly what you want to do and how custom you want it along with how much travel you want and who is installing everything but I'd say 5k is a good starting number for the rear could be alot more or a little less it's all up to what you want to do

10. Jan 8, 2016 at 6:09 AM
    GARSHA91

GARSHA91 YES, that is me on that Facebook group

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road DCSB
    Just a grocery getter
    @trevorkavanaugh don't feel much like searching through posts. Do you have a link to your build thread?

11. Jun 25, 2016 at 1:24 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    Did you ever install this kit??

12. Jun 25, 2016 at 1:24 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    Last post nov/2015
    Nevermind

Products Discussed in

To Top