1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dirty Birdy Budget Luxury Runner Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Jeebz, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Jan 9, 2016 at 9:51 PM
    Jeebz

Jeebz [OP] AKA Dirty Birdy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    AFE CAI w/ K&N Filter Black Widow 2.5 dumped Camburg UCA & LCA Camburg Spindles Camburg Clevis & Inner rods Buckshot Racing Shock Hoops 2.5 Race 10" Fox Coil Over 2.5 Race 10" Fox Double Bypasses 2.0 Race Series Fox Bump-Stops Total Chaos Coil Bucket Tower BuckShot Racing Stealth Bed-cage H70 Deaver Leaf Pack Richer Racing 2nd Gen Shackles 2.5 Race Fox Double Bypasses 2.0 Race Fox Bump-Stops 17' SCS SR8's General Grabbers 35s BuckShot Racing Front Bumper Glassworks Unlimited Fenders 20" SDS Offroad Hyperion LED bar MCM Fab Roll Cage Moroso Roll Cage Padding Longacre 14" mirror Blue Leather Recaro Racing Seats Boxed frame from cab-back. FOUR PCI Headsets Full PCI Race Radio & Intercom PCI Antenne
    I just bought this 08 fully caged long traveled double cab taco at the end of November in 2015. Love the truck but there is so many things that needs to be done to be up to "spec" and personalized to me. So I guess this is the start of my build page

DECEMBER 2015

JANUARY 2016
    image.jpg

VEHICLE:
    2008 TRD OFF ROAD
    3M Gloss Black Rose 2WD
    V6 4.0

PERFORMANCE:
    AFE CIA w/ K&N Filter
    Black Widow 2.5 dumped

SUSPENSION:
    Camburg UCA & LCA
    Camburg Spindles
    Camburg Steering Clevis
    Camburg Inner Tie Rods
    Buckshot Racing Shock Hoops
    2.5 10" Fox Coil Over (Front)
    2.5 10" Fox Double Bypasses (Front)
    Total Chaos Coil Bucket Tower
    H70 Deaver Leaf Pack
    Richer Racing 2nd Gen Shackles
    2.5 Race Fox Double Bypasses (Rear)
    2.0 Race Fox Bump-Stops (F&R)

OUTSIDE:
    BuckShot Racing Front Bumper
    BuckShot Racing Stealth Bed-cage
    Boxed frame from cab-back
    Glassworks Unlimited Fenders
    20" SDS Offroad Hyperion LED bar
    17' SCS SR8's x6
    General Grabbers 35s x6
    2013 OEM LED Mirrors
    Night vision camera
    Buggy safety whip w/ foldable mount

INSIDE:
    MCM Fab 8 Point Roll Cage
    JVC Double Din
    Alpine Type R and AMP
    Longacre 14" mirror
    Blue Leather Recaro Racing Seats
    PCI Headsets x4
    PCI Race Radio & Intercom
    PCI Antenne
    PCI 4 Way Parker Pumper

DEC 2015- First mod is this K&N filter. Originaly was a AFE CAI but went with a K&N filter replacement
    image.jpg

DEC 2015- Installed JVC double din w/camera and fixed digital compass

DEC 2015- Went to Camburg to pick up spindle/UCA bolts, nuts, clevis steering and inner tie rods. Also went to Toyota to pick up the outter tie rods. (UCA and spindle had some play and bolts/nuts were seized)

DEC 2015- Broke my 488 motive gear and pinion doing doughnuts in the rain with my e locker on

DEC 2015- After replacing the diff, I took the dirty birdy to my local welder to fix some welds and to help me try to get rid of my noisy cage issue, I'll be coming back for more repairs soon.

DEC 2015- Broke my second 3rd member in 2 weeks out playing in the dirt fields locally smh ........

- January updates is as follows. I had to make a decision to either repair or replace front and rear fiberglass. I opted to repair so I could spend the money on a new grill, hood with scoop, tail lights, new 2013 oem LED side mirrors and a new tinted windshield. All the parts were only $1250 out the door and I think that was pretty much a wash for me.

JAN 2016- Replaced windshield tinted 80% ceramic air blue and wrapped the front "A" frame of the cage satin black

JAN 2016- I rattle canned the front core support, front bumper and bed cage. Was too lazy and broke to do it the right way lol. I'm one step closer to wrapping this damn truck already.

JAN 2016- Got the third member rebuilt by Cal Mini Truck and ready to install tomorrow. Did some weld repairs on the core support, cab, rear axel guides, made some new tabs for the headlights. Ready to start wrapping tomorrow. I'm super stoked!
    image.jpg

JAN 2016- Wish I had more funds to get the whole body prepped but I guess it is what it is. I loving this color though lol.
    image.jpg

JAN 2016- Replaced the rear slider window and got some more wrap work done.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

JAN 2016- Finally reinstalled the new 3rd member. Removed the doors for cleaning and almost pulled the trigger on doing the door jams and hinges but there will be too much down time. A partial was completed
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

JAN 2016- Went to Camburg to get some more parts, received my factory rear ABS wire harness and hood scoop insert
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

JAN 2016- Dirty Birdy is finally back on the road and home. A Few more things just to button and clean up.
    image.jpg

JAN 2016- Greased my u joints, flushed the tranny, motor and rear diff oil. Also changed out the spark plugs. I put the rest of her back together tomorrow.

JAN 2016 -
    ARP Extended wheel studs just arrived, saying good bye to my rear spacers ....... Whoo hoo!

JAN 2016 - Here at Chino Valley Muffler adding Black Widow 2.5 Exhaust
    image.jpg

JAN 2016 - Just got my E30 LT leaf pack rebuilt by Deaver in Santa Ana. Love this place, great service and pricing. Bye bye broken leafs!

FEB 2016 - Took the driveshaft off and took it to get rebuilt at J.E. Reel Driveline in Pomona, CA. The length is correct it's just beat to hell. I also stopped by Kartek to pick up my PCI 4 helmet Parker Pump

FEB 2016 - Got my driveshaft from JE Reel this morning and it's already installed, time for a test drive!

FEB 2016 - Wired up my LED mirrors and going to wire up my LED bar plus cubes today.

FEB 2016 - Just finished the plumbing for the race air system. All I have to do now is fab a tube to my frame to mount the blower

FEB 2016 - Picked up a 8" bazooka and Hertz component system. Finally getting rid of these blown Alpine R's

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  2. Jan 9, 2016 at 9:55 PM
    nickj604

nickj604 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2019 RAM 1500
    To be announced
    Slick truck

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 9, 2016 at 9:58 PM
    BVita

BVita Mall Cruiser

Member:
    that color looks interesting. sub'd for the outcome! :thumbsup:

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  4. Jan 9, 2016 at 10:01 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    Crazy!

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  5. Jan 9, 2016 at 10:03 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    AFE CAI w/ K&N Filter Black Widow 2.5 dumped Camburg UCA & LCA Camburg Spindles Camburg Clevis & Inner rods Buckshot Racing Shock Hoops 2.5 Race 10" Fox Coil Over 2.5 Race 10" Fox Double Bypasses 2.0 Race Series Fox Bump-Stops Total Chaos Coil Bucket Tower BuckShot Racing Stealth Bed-cage H70 Deaver Leaf Pack Richer Racing 2nd Gen Shackles 2.5 Race Fox Double Bypasses 2.0 Race Fox Bump-Stops 17' SCS SR8's General Grabbers 35s BuckShot Racing Front Bumper Glassworks Unlimited Fenders 20" SDS Offroad Hyperion LED bar MCM Fab Roll Cage Moroso Roll Cage Padding Longacre 14" mirror Blue Leather Recaro Racing Seats Boxed frame from cab-back. FOUR PCI Headsets Full PCI Race Radio & Intercom PCI Antenne
    It's 3M black rose, kinda looks burgundy with gold flakes. Here's a pic for reference.
    image.jpg

BVita[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 9, 2016 at 11:45 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    I knew I recognized this truck. It was RJ's

:thumbsup: good rig dude

Also, you swapped the AFE cai for a K&N? How come? Do you still have the AFE?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Jeebz[OP] and nfs257 like this.
  7. Jan 10, 2016 at 12:29 AM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford Raptor
    Great buy. I look forward to seeing what else you have planned for it.

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  8. Jan 10, 2016 at 1:03 AM
    Nicklovin

Nicklovin Mall Crawlin Through Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 The Tunda - 0̶4̶ P̶r̶e̶r̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ - 0̶1̶ O̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ - 07 FJ Mall Crawler Xtrme
    Tacoless
    Nice truck man, I'm sure it's obviously a 6 cylinder but is it a 6 or 2.7 liter? Also what's with the cross member of the roll cage in the front?

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  9. Jan 10, 2016 at 10:05 AM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    Yup this is RJs rig, I wanted a new filter and didn't want to wait so I went to Autozone. I used the AFE ram and just replaced the cone. The old filter looked like it was sitting at the bottom of the lake and smelled like an old sock lol.

A bunch of minor repairs and mods, for the most part she is already done. Stay tuned, more to come!

Thanks man, yes she is a V6 4.0. What do you mean? The engine cage or the cab cage?

10. Jan 10, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    Acerwin

Acerwin The unNORM NORM

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tundra
    Sub'd

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  11. Jan 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM
    Nicklovin

Nicklovin Mall Crawlin Through Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 The Tunda - 0̶4̶ P̶r̶e̶r̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ - 0̶1̶ O̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ - 07 FJ Mall Crawler Xtrme
    Tacoless
    Yaa the cab cage, I've never seen it like that in the front

12. Jan 10, 2016 at 2:10 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    Added strength, I thought it was common especially with off road race rigs. I only see rally or track cars with out them but that still slim to none

13. Jan 12, 2016 at 9:08 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Eeek at welding next to bare shocks :eek: Those sparks stick to shiny shafts like glue! But looking good man, awesome to see this truck continue on in the desert

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  14. Jan 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    Well that's not good. Called a local mobile welder for some minor repair and that should explain it all. Good thing I don't need anything else done lol. Just started wrapping and so liking this color, what do you think you do think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    BVita likes this.
  15. Jan 12, 2016 at 10:15 PM
    JohnB81

JohnB81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    trifold solid bed cover (Amazon) Pop & Lock tailgate auto lock LED Headlight/ fog lights, reverse lights, dome/plate lights AVS ventshades Smartliner front & rear floor mats Rough Country neoprene seat covers BHLM NiLight LED strip bed lights NiLight RGB LED strip lights behind rear seat storage NiLight RGB LED strip lights for under hood and behind the grill lighting NAVIKS Apple CarPlay interface on stock Entune system Auxbeam auxiliary fuse box/ switch controller Auxbeam custom fit switch panel (Etsy) Coin holder bucket (Etsy) Center console organizer HookeRoad center console vault 32” Slim LED light bar mounted on CaliRaised Offroad lower bumper brackets Suparee sequential turn signals in black smoke OEM bed mat Sokie Tech hood struts 14” Hood scoop LED light bar RGB Raptor lights with smoked lens K&N air filter with TRD air intake accelerator K&N cabin air filter ViAir portable air compressor TuffSkinz interior red color accents on doors and center console TRD faux Pro shift knob w/ TVD TRD decal Glove box letters from Tacos4Cheap MESO customs chrome delete MESO customs door handle blackout covers MESO customs minimalist key fob V1 & V2, red MESO buttons MESO customs puddle lights MESO customs dual color map lights Matte black steering wheel overlay TVD matte black glove box overlay Pedal Commander A/C drain mod Red/Black paracord grab handles Red seat pull straps LOSTAR faux Pro skid plate Rockville 8” powered subwoofer CaliRaised LED catalytic converter plates Hooke Road tailgate panel Rok-Block tailgate gap seal Rear cab USB mod (idea from @ClassyTacos) Xprite RGB rock lights Falken Wildpeak MT 285/70/R17 Painted calipers red w/ TRD decal Akebono brake pads eBay seat jackers 4WP rock sliders Bought it with: Black Rhino Hammer wheels Spacer lift 285/75/17 Toyo MT’s TRD Pro Grill Hertz Audio speakers/ KENWOOD tweeters
    Damn Jon, Oscar (@BLKTRUCK)and I just got a tease of the color on the roll at your shop! Looking good man. Keep the beast growing. Can't wait to see it again when it's finished and put back together.

For those of you looking to do any wraps, hit up Jeebz! He's a good guy and growing TW supporter!

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  16. Jan 12, 2016 at 10:38 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC

Sure but mine are in the back, looking to go beard or mastercraft recliner and bench seat combo. Instead of 4 buckets. Had to weld tabs for a baby seat in the back but going Swap to new seats and belts soon.
    image.jpg

Looks totally different on the truck, pictures looks totally different then in person. Thanks man, I'm almost done just, exhaust, aftermarket alarm, tires, seats, new 4 point belts, shock tuning and I'm done!

17. Jan 12, 2016 at 10:43 PM
    JohnB81

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OC
    Vehicle:
    trifold solid bed cover (Amazon) Pop & Lock tailgate auto lock LED Headlight/ fog lights, reverse lights, dome/plate lights AVS ventshades Smartliner front & rear floor mats Rough Country neoprene seat covers BHLM NiLight LED strip bed lights NiLight RGB LED strip lights behind rear seat storage NiLight RGB LED strip lights for under hood and behind the grill lighting NAVIKS Apple CarPlay interface on stock Entune system Auxbeam auxiliary fuse box/ switch controller Auxbeam custom fit switch panel (Etsy) Coin holder bucket (Etsy) Center console organizer HookeRoad center console vault 32” Slim LED light bar mounted on CaliRaised Offroad lower bumper brackets Suparee sequential turn signals in black smoke OEM bed mat Sokie Tech hood struts 14” Hood scoop LED light bar RGB Raptor lights with smoked lens K&N air filter with TRD air intake accelerator K&N cabin air filter ViAir portable air compressor TuffSkinz interior red color accents on doors and center console TRD faux Pro shift knob w/ TVD TRD decal Glove box letters from Tacos4Cheap MESO customs chrome delete MESO customs door handle blackout covers MESO customs minimalist key fob V1 & V2, red MESO buttons MESO customs puddle lights MESO customs dual color map lights Matte black steering wheel overlay TVD matte black glove box overlay Pedal Commander A/C drain mod Red/Black paracord grab handles Red seat pull straps LOSTAR faux Pro skid plate Rockville 8” powered subwoofer CaliRaised LED catalytic converter plates Hooke Road tailgate panel Rok-Block tailgate gap seal Rear cab USB mod (idea from @ClassyTacos) Xprite RGB rock lights Falken Wildpeak MT 285/70/R17 Painted calipers red w/ TRD decal Akebono brake pads eBay seat jackers 4WP rock sliders Bought it with: Black Rhino Hammer wheels Spacer lift 285/75/17 Toyo MT’s TRD Pro Grill Hertz Audio speakers/ KENWOOD tweeters
    Don't forget replacing the rear.
    Hey, just saw a post by @BigRonDog in the for sale section if you are in need of a replacement. He's located in Beaumont. I think you got it covered but just looking out for you.

18. Jan 12, 2016 at 10:47 PM
    JohnB81

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OC
    Vehicle:
    Hey Jeebz, here ya go. Get started on your next outing!
    image.jpg

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  19. Jan 12, 2016 at 10:54 PM
    tubbsisland

tubbsisland I took snowtanks beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
    4 mastercraft originals (or similar) fit nicely in the cab

CFA62476-E844-4DC4-A9AD-DE830EFCCCA7_zps_2e70b126d4459f1ec2c0111f410caf3d1cc810fc.jpg

agunday21, mr2r6, Cr250jumper and 2 others like this.
  20. Jan 12, 2016 at 10:57 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    Jeebz[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top