1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Disabling TPSM with new wheel/tires on a 2007?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 07speedwayblue, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Dec 11, 2009 at 6:11 AM
    07speedwayblue

07speedwayblue [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07tacoma sport 4x4 doublecab
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
    I have searched this site and TN and the net for the best way to disable the tpms on a 2007 . I learned that I could plastic bomb type holder and put all the sensors inside it, or get a small wheel barrow wheel/tire and put all the sensors in it , or just hold in on the tire reset botton for at least 15 seconds while driving, or taking apart the dash and doing some creative wiring to disable it. So to say the least I`m confused on what would be the best route to take. I`m lifting my truck and I already have 4 new MT clasic lock wheels, not sure if the sensors will work with these wheels or not. I keep up on maintance and check the oil/tire pressure water /fluid levels on a weekly/bi-weekly anyway. I would like to disable the system vs. storing the sensors in something other than my tires and fooling the system . So if you could tell me/ link me to a good way to disable the system on a 2007 , I would be grateful!!!!

2. Dec 11, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Where did you find the push the button for 15 seconds thing??

3. Dec 11, 2009 at 6:27 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I am working on this now. I am going to try it out this weekend. :wink:

4. Dec 11, 2009 at 7:15 AM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
  5. Dec 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    RainDodger

RainDodger YGWYPF

Member:
    Great Northwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 Black, TRD Sport
    None yet! It's new!
    I also have an FJ that I put winter tires on, with black steelie wheels that don't have the TPMS transmitters. I just take a small piece of electrical tape and put it over the warning light during the winter time. Works fine... and could it be any easier? :) When the summer tires on the stock wheels go back on, I just peel off the tape. You never notice it - it blends into the background of the gauge panel. I'll be doing that with the Tacoma also.

6. Dec 14, 2009 at 12:06 PM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
  7. Dec 14, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    God I hope that works.

8. Dec 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I tried it and it didn`t work for me! I drove for like 5 minutes holding it in and my light never did go off. I think that guy was pull on legs!!!!!!!! Or maybe that method doesn`t work on the 07? Anyone else got anything other than the peice of eletical tape? I think I would rather look at the light instead of a peice of black tape. Just my 2 cents!!

9. Dec 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    My TPMS sensors are installed with straps onto my non-TPMS compatible wheels. That's one option.

10. Dec 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    I used the straps, they are awesome. Here is a link for you. They will work on any size rim.

http://www.tpmssource.com/strapkit.aspx

There is no way of disabeling the system. Sorry, been there done that.

11. Dec 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I likey the strap!!! So do the strap or just deal with the light being Can the sensor in the stock sport wheels be mounted to work in mickey thompson classic lock wheels , so the system will work like it should?

12. Dec 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    misterquad

misterquad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shawnee, KS

I thought the tape was a halfass suggestion until I tried it. I was bored one Friday night and pulled the dash out. Put the tape over the light on the backside of the background not on the face of the background. It looks perfect. Like it came from the factory.

13. Dec 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I could see putting the tape or something to black it out on the background, just not on the face . thats a good one!! :headbang:

14. Dec 15, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges

You can mount them on any rim. Essentially what it is, is a large hose clamp that has a mount on it.

15. Dec 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM
    07speedwayblue

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Cool !!!!!!!!!! Thanks! GREAT INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top