1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discount Tire - 2 great experiences, one terrible. Won’t be back.

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by barf, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Sep 6, 2021 at 2:56 PM
    barf

barf [OP] Petter of Dogs

Member:
    First Name:
    Barf
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2019 m/t TRD OR DCSB
    OME Lift Viper Cut
    Ordered some Yokohama Geolandars in 285/75r16. Site said 1-5 days to the dealer. After them simply not shipping them from GA, then losing them when they did ship, then shipping a new set from NM, it took 19 days.

I had to call 10 days after ordering for them to actually follow up with the warehouse in GA. Had to call 2 days later to find out they lost them. Each call was at least 20 minutes on hold.

They finally got them and installed them. Everything was good, everyone was very nice and I got some apologies. However there was zero discount at all for the inconvenience. Had they said 19 days, I would have gone elsewhere.

I inquired about maybe getting a deal on tire warranty certs because of the inconvenience and wait time.

That correspondence was sent August 26th. Still not a word from them. I will be going elsewhere from now on.

I know everyone will say they had a great experience with them, and I did as well until this transaction.

The least they could have offered was a discount or certs.

And to be clear, this was not a supply chain issue. Even the tech at the store during my install said their GA warehouse had been perpetually dropping the ball as of late. If it’s a supply chain issue, I would understand. This was not that.

2. Sep 6, 2021 at 2:59 PM
    NorNev

NorNev Phone? Call someone who gives a shit.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    39° 31′ 6″ N, 119° 59′ 19″ W
    Vehicle:
    KDMAX Tuned 17 2•2X2•2 Hood Scoop
    A Few
    contact corporate.

barf[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 6, 2021 at 2:59 PM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
  4. Sep 6, 2021 at 3:01 PM
    barf

barf [OP] Petter of Dogs

Member:
    First Name:
    Barf
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2019 m/t TRD OR DCSB
    OME Lift Viper Cut
    Their rep on this site is the one I asked about certs, and contacted periodically throughout the whole debacle.

Didn’t want to have to write this review but I gave them every opportunity to correct it. Just being honest about my experience.

5. Sep 6, 2021 at 3:03 PM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
    I hear ya my friend

barf[OP] likes this.
  6. Sep 7, 2021 at 6:43 PM
    barf

barf [OP] Petter of Dogs

Member:
    First Name:
    Barf
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2019 m/t TRD OR DCSB
    OME Lift Viper Cut
    Offered “buy 3 certs get one free”. So less than 3% discount on 1169. No thank you. I know people who have gotten half priced certs by asking, when nothing went wrong.

31 dollars off. That’s the best a nation wide company can offer. Clearly they don’t need my business.

End rant. Never again.

7. Oct 16, 2021 at 10:34 AM
    Pearson

Pearson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elliott
    Lexington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Black 2012 2.7L Prerunner

IMHO>I second the Mgr. or corporate contact, I would start with the MGR. I have had to reach out a couple of times because of mishandling or someone not paying attention to what was happening and they are fast to make it right.

Should you have to go through this? Well, no. Is it a reality when you have to deal with an outfit with this many employees. Well, Yes.

Thing is, you only hurt yourself when you end a relationship with such a proven company as DT by walking away. At least without making the effort to allow them to resolve the issue.

JUST ADDED

I just saw the rest of your efforts and it sounds like someone at DT has made it personal. You often see those in authority adhere to bad decisions for reasons of pride etc. And I completely agree to the fact that;

1. You shouldn't have had to even ask for the certs after all that.
    2. The buy three get one free is a smack in the face for sure.

If all the info is on the table then, I may need to back up and say. This is not how TEXAS DT's operate. I would contact the store MGR and if still no fair concession.
    Contact corporate with names because you can be sure that DT does not know that the person that is treating you this way, well is.

And you can be sure that they will find out who is responsible, retrain, or oust them altogether if they are found to have been acting in an inappropriate manner. I have more than 18 years experience with them and I can tell you that they do not tolerate customers being treated this way.

And I feel that you are spot on where the certs are concerned. This cost them nothing and you would think it would be the least they could do given the circumstances.

I have had DT offer them to me free just because there wasn't an empty chair to set in while I waited. Bad precedents? I can tell you that it's part of the reason that I defined them here and now and buy nowhere else.

Something is amiss here, keep us posted if you should decide to try and remedy the situation. And BTW, I hate to hear of your having trouble.

Peace, Love & Taco's

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    ricphoto and NorNev[QUOTED] like this.
To Top