1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion: New England Overland Rally October 1-2, 2022

Discussion in 'North East' started by Unorgnl-V, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Oct 4, 2022 at 6:14 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    Probably well since that is from a time they were built like tanks

banned parts[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Oct 4, 2022 at 7:07 AM
    crashngiggles

crashngiggles Tacomaworld's Resident Psych Dr.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM TRD 4x4 DCLB Trail Limo
    That Volvo was Ballsy........Really cool to see. There was a huge Unimog, a lot of classes, a live band.....Blue grass, but they were pretty good. I spoke with one of the Organizers and in all honesty, this was the first time that the three of these guys put something like this together and did it in 3 months. After Taking 5 months to put on the Autism Meet in August of 2019, I can tell you that they damn near did the impossible in 3 months with he turnout that they got. A couple of things I would change would be organizing and being more transparent on their website, setting up a better camping area, and keeping all of the classes of show vehicles in the same section. Since everyone was so spread out, it was very difficult to tell whether or not people came around to judge your vehicle. The off road course was definitely interesting but I think that there were a lot of "Yahoo's" who wanted to show off more than do the course and in doing so kicked the snot out of their vehicles......which I understand that people want to see what their trucks can do but that is not what overlanding is about. You get out there to then make sure you can get back and then do it again without tons of repairs in between. It also was very difficult to know where all of the vendors were, and how everything was really intermingled.....that being said though.......if tightened up.... that thing is going to be "Kick Ass" next year.

Products Discussed in

To Top