1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dishwasher half-ass repair/Any experts??????

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Airun, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Jun 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    Airun

Airun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Ok so we did all new appliances 2.5 years ago and didn't really do our homework. So we've already had to take Frigidaire dishwasher in once for $180 repair and it's worked fine for several months. Anyway tonight we started to run and got an error code "uo".
    Net search: means vent open. So anyway I fiddle with vent module and figure out how it works and read a little more online and find out that the vent has an optical sensor to tell it whether or not it's open which it was doing unecessarily causing the code. So I keep jack'n with it and figure out a way to bypass sensor function. I then remove the piston that opens the vent valve to disable that to prevent leaks. The way I see it the only feature we r giving up is drying and it seems to work now.
    My question is: does this seem ok/safe?
    Could it cause overheating?
    Any thoughts appreciated. We have always hated this machine and throwing a 90$ part plus shipping at it seemed like a bad idea.

2. Jun 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    Airun

Airun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Bumpdate:
    Finished and seemed to work ok. Had an error "drying" code so I assume it didn't enter the drying cycle which should be a good think. Just open the door and let the steam out.?.?.?.

3. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I work on such things for a living.

Not real familiar with the Frigidaire units, but as long as you didn't do anything unsafe with the wiring (not likely, since the vent doesn't really pull any power), you're fine.

The worst that will happen is your dishes just won't dry. There have been dishwashers built without vents installed in them. The folks that are unfortunate enough to buy one complain constantly that they don't dry worth a damn. But it's not a hazard. Opening the door at the end of the cycle to let the steam out is a good move regardless.

4. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    What's the model number I might be able to get the part for you for a discounted price.

Products Discussed in

To Top