1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY: Basic Speaker Upgrade- 2nd Gen Access Cab

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by maverick491, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Jun 25, 2019 at 7:20 PM
    crx7

crx7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Junction Colorado
    Can't tell much of a difference between the stock and the Pioneers, except for no more crackling from the blown stock passenger speaker.

Maybe I'm just old and deaf. They've got good reviews, are three ways and have a good size magnet on them. I've still got them on the stock head unit though. I'm gonna add an amplifier and upgrade the head unit soon, we'll see if that makes any difference. Seems like they have a little bit more bass and clearer mid-range, we'll see with the other upgrades.

It's been years since I've had an external amplifier and I remember loving that sound system in my S2000, I'm gonna give it a try again with a nice Kenwood amp.

Oh, and this is upgrading from the base garbage system. Smallest magnets I've ever seen on a speaker, they were about a 1/2 inch diameter on a paper 6x9.

2. Dec 4, 2019 at 9:28 PM
    VMMM

VMMM Tacoma 2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Land O’ Lakes, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Super White Tacoma Prerunner SR5/ 2.7/2014
    Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover, Halo Fog Lights, Bug Deflector, Windows Visors, Tailgate Anti Thieves Mod, Tailgate Electric Lock, A/C Knobs, Redline Tuning Struts, Curved Nerf Bars, Trailer Hitch Receiver, Silver Front Skid, LED Plate Lights, Second Air Filter Removed,
    Hi, I have an Access Cab Pre Runner SR5 2014 too, and I want to do something similar. Did you get the link and information? Did it work with your original head unit? I want to keep my stock radio. Any info. Will be really appreciated. Thanks.

To Top