1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY Satoshi mesh

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tombiosis, May 16, 2011.

1. May 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    tombiosis

tombiosis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    So I've been searching for an alternative to the nice grillcraft mesh...I want to do a satoshi grill mod. I found an aftermarket chrome grill for 50$, and I'm ready to give it a try...just needed some mesh. I found some "custom grill mesh" at Canadian Tire, which was 40$ for a piece that would work, but it looked really cheap and I found the holes too big. I was just about to pull the trigger on a Grillcraft, when I found some "mesh" at Rona's. (Canadian home building centre). Its called "Premium Hinged Gutter mesh", and its just the right guage of steel, already painted black, and the right length, just not quite wide enough. I started trying to devise a way to use 2 pieces to make it wider, and I came up with what you see in the pics below...
    I plan on painting it with a few coats of undercoat black, as it does scratch easily, but I think it will look good when finished. I can't wait to get started on the satoshi! I will post up some better pics when completed...I think its a pretty awesome mesh idea for around 12 bucks...
    Thoughts?

May 2011 035.jpg
    May 2011 038.jpg
    May 2011 039.jpg

2. May 16, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    tombiosis

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    Oh btw...^^^ my 100th post!
    :woot:

3. May 17, 2011 at 8:42 AM
    Tacozoid

Tacozoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Katy Texas
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma Pre-runner
    Billsteins,Texas tint. Blue Dash mod. Console mod. in Blue, Customized grille
    [​IMG]I got enough off ebay to do the grille, bumper grille and triangle pieces and still have a piece left over. It was around $32. delvered. Nice aluminum mesh. I painted it black. The sheet was 24" x48"

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. May 17, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    tombiosis

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    Where did you get the toyota logo? That is my next purchase for this project...and what paint did you use for the grill once it was satoshied?
    btw...nice drum kit! looks just like mine except I have 2 bass drums...and they are Pearls...lol both white kits and white Tacos! :)

5. May 17, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

hamNswiss on rye ¡Yo Quiero Taco World!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Scottsdale, AZ/Portland, ME
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    OME 885's and billies all around, allpro apex front bumper, Nfab tire carrier, black magic rallye 1000 driving lights, custom back to the future light rack, KC LED Daylighters, PIAA 510 fogs, bed lights, satoshi, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    looks good. similar to mine: i bought a sheet of screen door replacement mesh from lowes for about $18, cut out a small piece and planned to cut the rest up and sell it but have yet to get around to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. May 18, 2011 at 6:07 AM
    tombiosis

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    Love that light bar! ^^^
    I want one...where did you buy it?

7. May 18, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    TerryS

TerryS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    Vehicle:
    '19 Barcelona Red DCSB TRD OR
    Roof rack, step boards, window visors, hood protector, tonneau cover, bed extender & small lift kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top