1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dmv guy with his foot in his mouth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by cntstan, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Apr 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    cntstan

cntstan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    So I go to the DMV this morning to renew my registration. I get there @ 9 because I assume that's when they open. The closed sign is on the door so I pull up to find that they do open @ 9 every day of the week except Wednesday. A little ticked... I pull away, I can run a couple errands and still get back a within 30 -45 minutes. Get back to the DMV @ 9:30 so I decide to wait in my truck until they open. After waiting 20 minutes, I see a guy that looks exactly like Rumplestiltsken (his beard was at least 20" long) waving me in. I immediately hop out thinking this guy is trying to help me out. He tells me "We're having a tornado drill this morning but if you hurry, we can proccess you before we start the drill so you wont have to wait while we evacuate the building". As I get inside I see they've totally remodeled the inside, I'm looking for the little ticket dispenser and I hear a guy who sounds just like Ben Stein (dripping with sarcasm) say "This way sir". I get to his desk and again in the Ben Stein voice.."Why are you here this morning", "reneweing my registration" I say. He proceeds to tell me that they are going to have a tornado drill, they don't open till 10, I can take a number and have a seat, after the drill they can get me back in the building and get me taken care of. I say that the guy who let me in said to come in early and try to get it done before the drill. You would have thought I laid a big turd right on Stein's desk. He immediately starts whining to Rumplestiltsken "you want us to proccess things before 10? we don't open until 10! Rumple says "Uhhh......yes I do!" As they begin to bicker the lady next to Stein says "I can help you right here sir" (with a big smile). Done in 60 seconds! "Have a nice day sir!" she says. As I leave I see Rumple and Stein going at it hard, obviously Rumple is the boss and I think Stein will be in the unemployment line very soon. It's not that hard to be polite is it?:D

2. Apr 1, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    jasonh

jasonh tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    actually i find it very hard to be polite.

3. Apr 1, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I just do mine online anymore. So much easier.

4. Apr 1, 2009 at 8:59 AM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand

X2

I avoid the DMV at all costs

Products Discussed in