1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do dealers rent Tacomas?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by glwood6, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Mar 12, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    glwood6

glwood6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    '13 MGM AC 4x4 TRD OR
    Husky front mud flaps, OEM bed mat, 3D floor mats, Wet Okole seat covers, fog lights anytime mod, rear diff breather extension, aluminum Relentless tailgate reinforcement, NWexpo corner gussets, 265/75-16 Hankook Dynapro ATM
    I have a buddy at work that was considering getting a new truck, and I was wondering, do any of the dealers rent late model Tacomas? Or any rental car companies? It would be a great way to try one out, rather than the 10 minute test drive, and you're trying to make a 25-30K decision based on that...I can't help him since I have a 1st gen...

2. Mar 12, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    I think Karl Malone Toyoya will let him have a Tacoma over the weekend for a Test drive. Atleast they did it for my girlfriend when I lived in ABQ. Just act like a VERY serious buyer.

Good Luck

3. Mar 12, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 TRDsport
    5100's all around - fronts at 1.75", 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2, HID headlights and fog lights, factory skid plate, ss exhaust tip, tube steps, Access roll-up tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, 6 D-rings, seat MagLite, LED dome, fumoto oil drain, DTRL, fog light anytime, Kenwood/Clarion speakers, Pop-N-Lock 5300, LED bed lights and a few other things...
    Ask the dealer if he can test drive a similar used model. I've kept a vehicle over the weekend while I felt it out. They surely wouldn't allow him to do it with a new vehicle because of the miles he would put on it.

You have to express serious interest...don't expect to walk in the door and walk out 30 minutes later with the keys to a 2nd gen Taco for the weekend. Get to know the salesman. Let him know you are serious about purchasing one and what you are looking for in a vehicle.

4. Mar 12, 2009 at 9:26 PM
    ShtrMcGavin

ShtrMcGavin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Silver 05 DBL Cab LB 4x4
    3" Lift, spidertrax 1.25" spacers all around
    Yes... http://www.toyota.com/rental/
    go there put in your zip code and it will let you contact a dealer in your area that will rent you a tacoma

To Top