1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do I have Hill Start Assist and tire rotation question.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TnShooter, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sep 7, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    TnShooter

TnShooter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    I read mention of it in the manual. And I haven't yet been on a hill
    steep enough to find out. I have a 2007 TRD Off-Road.
    I don't see a button to turn it on, or does it come on automatically when on a steep hill?

Sorry for the novice question, I've not owned the truck long.
    Just over a week and just read something about it in the manual.

Also do you have to reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System after rotating tires? Are the sensors location specific?

I hope not because I kept hitting my foot on the sensor and tip tied it up under the dash. I can still get to it but I have have to reach under the dash now. Plus, telling the guys at the shop where it is will be REAL fun. Doubt they'll find it.

2. Sep 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2010DCSB4X4TRDORMGM
    See build thread.
    2011s come with the uphill assist on all models i think.. 10 has the downhill assist. not sure if earlier years have it. probably do.

3. Sep 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Cibie Halogen. Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Hill Start Assist is for those with a clutch (Manual Transmission), you sig. says you have an automatic. You do have Downhill Assist Control (DAC) that only works in L4... and is great for creeping down steep grades, without the need to touch the BRAKE pedal... this prevents wheel lock and going into a slide.

No resetting after rotation... at least mine didn't need it.

4. Sep 8, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Cibie Halogen. Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    How about that... I guess when I drive, I don't notice it since I can manage to release the brake and accelerate before I would roll backwards. Maybe good for those who live in San Francisco? I just can't figure why an automatic would need it, since you do have 2 feet? Add a clutch, and then you need that third foot to start on a hill. Subaru was the first to sdvertise their 'Hill Holder' back about 30 years ago.

5. Sep 8, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    RogueLeader

RogueLeader Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 TRD
    The autos have the downhill assist and there is a button on the left side of the wheel that activates the system. The auto also has an uphill assist, and it comes in handy, though there is no button for this and it works whether the truck is in 4 wheel or not. I suspect most of the Tacos come with the uphill assist. On the sticks, the down-hill assist is replaced with a button that allows the truck to be started without using the clutch pedal. I'm not sure, but I think this allows the truck to be started in gear, with the brake pedal engaged. Sorry if the last is wrong, as this is what I thought I read in other threads on this board.

To Top