1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do i need new shocks

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by silverback, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jun 25, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    silverback

silverback [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    Everytime I go over a sharp bump or something, i feel a weird disengagement from my front wheels and the steering column. I cant really describe it better than that. I am planning on purchasing the 5100s when they are available all the way around. Hopefully that helps. I got under the truck to take a look at the ball joints and the cv boots and well the cv boots arent torn. To be honest, i dont know a damn thing about the ball joints to make a educated statement it just sounded good to say lol. Ball joints....

2. Jun 25, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    If your shocks are shot, when you go over a bump the truck will bounce around a lot, because the shocks aren't doing their job to dampen the sudden bumps in the road. When you go over rough road does the ride feel real bouncy?

3. Jun 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    silverback

silverback [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    im going to have to say it bounces around but not to that point. I will just replace them all and go from there. Question,, if my ball joints are bad what would i notice happening in that case...

Products Discussed in

To Top