1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do I need steering extension for body lift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jj95, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Jul 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM
    jj95

jj95 [OP] Member

Member:
    Panama City
    Vehicle:
    95 tacoma 4x4
    I have 95 tacoma 4x4 im fixin to put a 3inch body lift i have everything exept the steering extension can i get by without it

2. Jul 15, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

ChrisYoTaCoMa Chrome's for Harleys and old farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Ex cab 2.7 sr5 AT
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    No, you will have to get one. I did this on a chevy truck and it is a must do. My friend did his Nissan same thing, and I did it to my Bronco 2 a few years back, had to do it. I'm afraid you can't get by without putting an extension in. Unless the guys on this site who are actually VERY knowledgeable have a trick or way around it.

3. Jul 15, 2009 at 11:32 PM
    jj95

jj95 [OP] Member

Member:
    Panama City
    Vehicle:
    95 tacoma 4x4
    man that sucks cuz its hard to find to find one...my friend installs lifts everyday and he said some need them and some dont

4. Aug 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    jeff6001

jeff6001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 trd prerunner
    do you need longer ac lines or brake lines when putting on a body lift????

5. Aug 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

ChrisYoTaCoMa Chrome's for Harleys and old farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Ex cab 2.7 sr5 AT
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    When I lifted my 89 Dakota, ya we all make mistakes.... I had to relocate my brake line brackets, did not have to mess with my AC lines, had to loosen up some wiring here and there, replace and elongate some vacuum lines to things mounted on the fender wells, etc. It's all dependent on what you have to move, extend, remove, and such. That is why I won't ever do a body lift again.

6. Aug 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    just did one the other day on an 02 taco (hahaha mine) you definately need the steering extension and it is a pain in the ass to put on. you will need fuel line extensions, you shouldnt need A/C and brake extensions though. however all trucks are different so have a buddy or two to help, and one that is obligated to watching the brake and a/c lines while you jack up the body, you may also have to extend your 4wd lever however you dont have to and i do not reccomend it at all. with 3 people that do this for a living it took 12 hours and 30 minutes. but i also have so much redneck rigged mess it made it harder lol

good luck, pm me if you have more questions

Products Discussed in

To Top