1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do I need the wiring Harness

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by cgmfl, Aug 13, 2012.

1. cgmfl

cgmfl [OP] New Member

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    '10 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Just bought a 2010 yota tonight and wondering if I need the wiring harness for DDM 55watt 10000k low beams. How about error eliminator? I had ddm in my 08 f250 and only had a few problems with lights not coming on immediately. Should I get 55 or 35?

Thanks

2. Davidd

Davidd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner
    Front: Camburg LT w/ Solo Motorsports Spindle. 8" SAW Racerunner Coilovers valved by DC Shock Service Rear: 62" Deavers, TC front spring hangers, custom 9" shackle through the frame and 16" SAW Racerunner shocks valved by DC Shock Service Truck Built by DMZ
    As long as you purchase the kit with the mounting harness you are good.
    Just know what your need. I have an 02 Tacoma but I know I needed an H4. Not sure what is needed in the newer Tacomas

55 vs 35? It depends on what you are going to do with your rig. I have 35w on my headlights and they are plenty. I also have the hi low combo and when I go offroading, I have 3 35w converted into my hella 4000. I purchased 5000k in color.

3. NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I would just go with the 35 watt. 55 is way to bright, and if you're not doing a retrofit you will just be scattering light even more so. You don't need the error eliminator, that is for cars with a "burnt out bulb" detection system.

I highly recommend spending a few more dollars and get the hi/low kit, it comes with the relay/wiring harness and everything you need to make it the HID's work without any modifications. I also recommend getting the analog ballasts, I have the digital ballasts in my fogs and they don't always light up when I turn on my lights, I have to flip the switch a second time to get them to work. I have the Hi/Low 6000k kit installed and it was super simple. There's a write up on here that covers everything you need to know to do the install.

4. NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
  5. 09DBLCAB09

09DBLCAB09 Well-Known Member

Member:
To Top