1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do Taco's have enough juice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NiceTaco, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Nov 25, 2008 at 7:05 PM
    ajviper7

ajviper7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    08 silver TRD OR 4x4 AC
    Before my tacoma I had a 2004 F-150 FX4 supercrew with the 5.4L V8. The F-150 had an edge evolution programmer and true dual magnaflow exhaust, and my stock 2008 V6 tacoma will run circles around it. I was very impressed the first time that I floored it.

2. Nov 26, 2008 at 4:01 AM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    im def. more than happy and impressed with the power of my taco. youd never guess it was that good unless you have one :D

3. Nov 26, 2008 at 4:05 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    :burnrubber:

4. Nov 27, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    trd off road
    Thats the difference from OHV and DOHC motors. Over head valve motors make more power in lower RPM range. Also I beleive the 4.0 in the Jeep is I6 not V6 which again will help a lot in the low end power deleivery.

Any Vechical that is light in in the rear with rear wheel drive and has a lot of power will make it easy to break the rear end loose. Smooth and constant power delivery is required for this type of application. no hearky Jerky movemnts abrout munvers other wise you loose traction.

When I first got my truck my girl and I took it out in the rain. Scared the shit out of my Girlfriend when let it rip in 2nd gear and broke the rear end loose. But there was nobody around and I wanted to see how the truck would react.

5. Nov 27, 2008 at 8:43 PM
    rangejeep

rangejeep Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    You need to think out of the box. I'm an old chevy guy who wanted power too but I also wanted reliablity. I was ready to buy an 80's full size chevy with a big carborated v8 but I couldn't afford 2 trucks so I got the best one for power and every day use. Today I love my tacoma and would never go back. Now I can save for a classic camaro project car and use my tacoma for work and hauling parts.

Products Discussed in

To Top