1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you HATE your job?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by 97yota4wd, Apr 11, 2012.

?

do you hate your job?

Poll closed May 11, 2012.
  1. Yes i hate my job!

59 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No, I love my job!

100 vote(s)
    54.1%
  3. sheeeeet son, i dont even have a dam job.

26 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Apr 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    yes my job sucks, i sit around and fill out applications all day every day, and every 2 weeks i fill out a form to get my unemployment money ..... only gotten 3 interviews since ive been unemployed (august 2010)

Worst was when i was at walmart a couple months ago and we had a SUPER slow cashier .... when he was done ringing up my shit i straight up told him "you are the slowest cashier ive ever seen in my life, it pisses me off that guys like you have jobs and guys like me are unemployed " .... maybe im starting to have rage issues

Edit: And im a guy with 1 A.S. 3 A.A's, and 1 B.S.

2. Apr 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    ABregenzer

ABregenzer Fish

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    The Dirty Lew, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 4X4
    Stickers. Lots of stickers.
    I work at a tire shop. I love most of the people I work with because we can cut up and they're all as crazy as I am. :p But I hate the management and some of the stupid shit that goes on there. I get payed as much as the guys who are just getting hired and I've been there longer and worked my ass off to get to where I am. Hopefully finishing college will fix that :eek:

3. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    I'm a warehouse worker for the government. It's not bad. It pays for the bills and then some.

4. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch, Sherpa Grand Teton/Crows nest, Baja Designs S8 light bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights
    Do I hate my job? What job? :confused:

5. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    4wd Boss

4wd Boss Shake and Bake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jefferson
    Big D
    Vehicle:
    16 Quiksand TRD Offroad
    Fog Light Mod, Pro Grille, raptor lights, 1.25 spacers, RC coilovers
    i just put in my notice to quit my job this week. been there little over 3 yrs. hoping for a hefty severance but if not oh well i will be good for a few months. My job isnt a job per se, but rather a stack of daily responsibilities that are soo stressful they will make you contemplate suicide. hence the notice before i fkn lose it!!! basically i manage a courier system of 15 drivers, 15 vehicles needing maintenance, all dispatching duties, and 15 sets of problems. very hectic and I'm so glad i can finally say "i'm out this bitch"

6. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    I hate my job because i'm just a lube bitch at a dealership. :(

7. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    My last position was the same thing. Haha I couldnt stand it, counting nuts and bolts and washers and everything else. Fixing mistakes of receiving then getting blamed when the count was off...
    Another position opened up in the warehouse forth same company and I jumped all over it. Now I get to help people on their deployments. They come see me to get all their gear and weapons. It's an easy job, good pay, union, and I get to work with cool people at times. Dealing with pilots is usually a pain though bc the majority of them are dicks! Haha

For the people leaving comments like this why not state what it is you do?

8. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    I've been lucky enough to be at my job for 9 years, and I'm only 31. Started taking calls in college and now my operating budget is in the millions. It has its ups and downs, an is pretty high stress, but I love the industry and like the job. It pays well and lets me live comfortably. I'm very grateful for the opportunities I've been given.

9. Apr 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    DATZ WEAKSAUCE

DATZ WEAKSAUCE Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    17 DCLB TRD OFF ROAD LT PROJECT
    luckly you dont work at my dealer then a lot of lube tech hazing goes on! haha j/k dont worry man everyone was there at one point just stick it out. i appreciate the lube techs at work always willing to give me a hand with tires or whatever i need them to do in return i help them with whatever they need/ or want to learn

10. Apr 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Far more important to like my work than make money. I love my job and don't understand people who stick around when they hate theirs.

11. Apr 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    Couldn't agree more. I never understood why my dad stayed in his job for years when he was miserable. It's just not worth it, all he did when he came home was gripe about work and sleep. Why not start putting out resumes? When you're to the point of plotting your boss's death, and not just as a daydream, why are you doing that to yourself?

I love the field I am in. I am happy with my job. But last company I worked for, doing exactly the same thing, I was miserable. I only worked there 8 months, and when the last straw came I was lucky to be in an industry that is chronically shorthanded- at least at the moment. I had a new job in 10 minutes, first phone call was successful. I quit my old job via text message and started with my current company the next day. Frankly, that's the level of professionalism that company deserved, it's still a couple steps above the way they treat their employees. So why stick it out? So much better awaits out there!

12. Apr 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    This entire thread embodies one of the biggest reason's that I picked nursing. I'll always have a job pretty much anywhere I want to go and will always be a decent paying one at that.

13. Apr 14, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    El Tano

El Tano i am the one who knocks

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Corvette homelink FRONT: 5100 Blinstein set at 0 Procomp 3" leveling kit Allpro UCA’s. REAR: Icon Multi Rate RXT Leaf Pack 5100 Blinstein. 17x9 kMC wheels 0 BS 285/70 17 Wildpeak A/T4W C range Amp research steps. and a bunch of TSB's
    Do u work as a snow white at Disney? :p

14. Apr 14, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I hate my job, well I hate what my job has become over the years, there are still parts of it I love. My job is famous for being over worked and under paid lol. The pay is ok, but some days I believe its not worth it. I'm doing my best to get out of it, sad after putting almost 15 years of my life into it.

15. Apr 14, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    I LOVE my job, I just HATE some of the people who get hired around me. Below me, I can fire them, above me? I tell them to f*ck off, and wait until the next rotation since it's new people every three or four months or so.

16. Apr 14, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Ming42083

Ming42083 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Peoria, IL
    Vehicle:
    2012 reg cab 4x4
    Love it, unless its raining. Garbage man, pays good and I get to work alone.

17. Apr 14, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    I like my job, not much to complain about I am a Corrections Officer. Its like any other job it has its ups and downs, there's plenty of work, money is good, great benefits and I will be 49 when I retire (17 more years to go).

18. Apr 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I hate the concept of having to get up early for work. But I don't have this view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0Bg9IdL2Q

My job isn't exciting, but I like it for the most part. I'm a Marketing Analyst for a natural gas utility company. Good company with good salary structure and benefits. Can't complain. Not for someone who doesn't like sitting in an office though since I pretty much sit in front of two monitors working with Excel spreadsheets all day lol. My degree is in accounting and that's where I've worked in the past, this has a little more variety and change of pace so that's good.

19. Apr 14, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    azreb

azreb Geezer

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    '20 SR5 crew cab; gray
    camper shell, front camera, floor mats, cheap bed mat, dash camera, catalytic converter cover, fumoto
    I am retired now, but went through a mess in '89. The stress was getting unbearable. The work was great, but the working conditions weren't. I read a book (brain fart--I can't recall the author or the name of the book) that basically said life is too short for that kind of hassle. I quit the job. Went back to work for the same employer as a contract employee a couple of months later at nearly twice the salary. Life was great after that.

20. Apr 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    When I was a teen and frustrated with my job, my Dad said, "there's a reason why they call work 'work' and not play." Never forgotten that. Every job has it's shit. But we work because we have bills to pay.

The bigger question is .. if money was no object, and you didn't have to earn a living, would you keep doing what you're doing? My guess is 99% of Americans would say no.

To Top