1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you HATE your job?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by 97yota4wd, Apr 11, 2012.

?

do you hate your job?

Poll closed May 11, 2012.
  1. Yes i hate my job!

59 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No, I love my job!

100 vote(s)
    54.1%
  3. sheeeeet son, i dont even have a dam job.

26 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Apr 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    It only gets worse from here out. The stress changes though. I did retail through high school and college and I hated the people. My co-workers were usually about half incompetent to do even simple jobs. And the customers... oh my God. Show me someone with a deep loathing for all mankind and I'll show you someone who had a customer service job. My bosses were unreasonably demanding relative to the minimum wage they were paying, too. Sorry, but if your boss believes they are above the rules and treats employees unprofessionally, they simply won't get much effort out of anyone. I had a retail manager who routinely told us we were replacable and she didn't care if we worked there or not; during a mandatory employee meeting she refered to every cashier who worked for her as an idiot. Yeah, that's the way to motivate me!

Now I still have customers but they are professionals, and it's not their money they are spending. They realize I have the ability to make them look good and they treat me professionally and with respect. I'm also paid reasonably relative to the work I'm doing. So the people are a lot better but the work is much more demanding. It's intimidating, I could cost our customer ridiculous amounts of money (in the 6- to 7-figure range) by making one bad call. It's not something I take lightly. My boss is happy to help, he'll answer his phone 24 hours a day and he tries to make sure everyone feels appreciated. Overall I'd rather have that stress than the idiotic crap that happened working retail. The stakes are higher but they assume I'm competent unless I prove them wrong.

2. May 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    JSW

JSW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Orlando FL
    I work in the theme park industry. I have been for 8 years now. Love working in theme parks, but I'm ready for something more challenging and to move up. So my attitude towards my current job isn't great, but I'm trying to be patient and hopeful and get my name and resume out there.

3. May 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Fuck my job. I signed on to be a bell boy/pool attendant as it turns out I'm a glorified maid/baby sitter. Whatever I'm enjoying for the most part and the pay plus all the over time they have me doing is making for a decent first paycheck this Friday.

4. Aug 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    JCBigler

JCBigler Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chouteau, OK
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 4WD, SR5, DC, TRD OR w/tow
    stock, Yaesu FT-8800R with a Maldol EX-107B, rear breather mod
    Yeah, I hate my job, and I'm starting to develop a deep disdain for the entire industry. Wish I could find something better to do.

5. Aug 23, 2012 at 11:53 PM
    BurqueTaco

BurqueTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    04 trd tacoma 4x4
    Custom pinstriping, pleasure hole, Fox 2.0 rear, Fox 2.0 coilovers.
    I love my job. It allows me to work full time and go to school full time. Plus i get to help people so whats not to love? :D

6. Aug 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i’m going too. i have to see witch collages around here offer the classes i would have to take.

7. Aug 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    phuck no!!!!

8. Apr 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    cowboy50

cowboy50 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dexter,MO
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra 4x4
    I work for a school district (custodial supervisor) not bad other than the night shift custodians don't get paid much and don't want to do their work. I mean how hard is it to dust class rooms, hallways, and clean bathrooms. Summer is when we really have to work. Stripping floors and re-waxing. Trying to keep 3 guys motivated when they can't remember what to do from one class room to the next. But jobs are hard to come by and you gotta have a paycheck. Also work at a cattle/horse farm on the side. Professional pooper scooper, gotta love it.

9. Apr 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    I was also a professional pooper scooper all through high school, loved that job.

10. Apr 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    No, I do not hate my job.

11. Apr 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    thelivestone

thelivestone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Crewmax
    stock for now
    I did pizza delivery before i joined the coast guard.... that was fun driving around listening to music all day making dem tips.

I love my coast guard job..... just hard to get promoted... but hey ill get there one day.

12. Apr 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    I hate my job, the hours (11pm-7am), the co-workers, my boss, the pay is it all that good but it pays the mortgage. But I can honestly say I give a 110%. My performance evaluation prove this. God willing I want be there much longer. Just got to take care of some things.

13. Apr 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    meantaco

meantaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner. Gone,but not forgotten.
    Retrofit,bull bar,hellas and color matched grill.
    What do you do?

14. Apr 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    Del Scorcho

Del Scorcho O-------l

Member:
    Eagle, ID
    Vehicle:
    DCLB 6 banger, 4X and Super Charged
    Magnuson Supercharger, 2.85 Stealth Pulley, TRD Baja Suspension, Walbro Fuel pump, Icon add a leaf, Method 701s
    I love my career. My current job, aerial survey, eh... It has it's ups & downs... I'm gone from home 2-3 weeks at a time. I get to see some really neat parts of the country. I'm thankful I did find it when I did though. Good company & pretty good pay.

Here's a video I put together on a recent job. Give's me something to do on weather days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCeTBRX0sTM?version=3

15. Apr 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    rickmeseke

rickmeseke subaru of america

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    I dont hate my job but i dont love it. i do absolutely nothing all day and get paid 'okay' for doing so, well not all day, more all night, graveyard SUCKS.

i just applied at subaru & mercedes working at the port here processing cars so i hope i get lucky because i would be making a killing and being single i would save a shit load

To Top