1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you have Parking rules?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tlook, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Jan 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    i always find an end space in the farthest area possible and park next to the curb as close as i can. theres some spaces here on an end that are about a space and a half wide so thats even better. nearly every one here is too damn lazy to even consider parkin near me but the other day at work some douche in a truck loaded with snow removal shit parked right next to me. seen it and went out and moved my truck to where no one could park .

2. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    1. Always park next to another Taco
    2. Never park next to the cart corral
    3. ALWAYS straighten out in your spot...

I've kinda given up when I'm at school... people beat the shit out of your car and have zero respect for anything. Between door dings and the scratches on the bedside from my brother and sister carelessly swinging backpacks over my paint looks like shit. I have just kind of accepted repainting it at some point.

3. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    mackattack07

mackattack07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    william
    Jacksonville NC/Graceville FL
    Vehicle:
    99 Prerunner 3.4/2000 4Runner3.4/85 Pickup22R
    we have a shitty parking lot at work lots of cars crammed in all stupid like so i try to park in the ditch or on the slant going to the ditch the only thing is if it rains to hard my truck slides into the ditch while im not there but other than that i always try to park in a protective hole somwhere

4. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Same here.

5. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    ive got enough bumps and dings and scratches on my truck that im not too terribly worried about it lol.

6. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    ::childstoy::

::childstoy:: Hi-Tech Rednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southeast, PA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tint, Stubby Ant., Debadged, Weathertech Mats, Grillcraft... Currently collecting donations for a New Tires Fund.
    I am bad with this... Anyone that rides in my truck busts my balls because Im usually parked a football field away from where ever we are.

Too many douche's out there that dont give a shit... Its hard to have anything nice. lol

7. Jan 12, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    I try to park away from other cars. If I have to park by other's I pick the cars that people take pride in keeping nice. Also, never take up 2 parking spots...don't even park on the lines! Sometimes in seems people just look for an excuse to f-up other's property. If you park normally within the lines your rig won't stand out.

8. Jan 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    magog45

magog45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada, just south of Santa
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma 4x4 extended cab
    5100's all around, 2.75 inch lift, polyurethane body mounts, gibson exhaust, variation of the deckplate mod, intake resonators removed 285-75-16 goodyear AT
    I always try to park next to a real expensive car or maybe between 2 of them if I can. I used to love the way my old 71 chevy pickup with the 454 would set off their alarms, but now I figure they are generally gonna be pretty careful.

9. Jan 12, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    Camo23

Camo23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Fallbrook, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Not much yet
    same thing here. today as a matter of fact i went to walmart and didnt notice til i got outta my truck that the sonofabitch next to me had opened his door into my door and messed the paint up real bad:mad:

10. Jan 12, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    No. I'm not paranoid.

11. Jan 12, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I lick it............... before I stick it.

12. Jan 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    When my truck is clean I find the easiest spot.

When it is filthy (covered in mud ect.) I find the cleanest BMW porsche Mercedes ect, or even somebody that just cherishes the crap out of their car and park next to them.

I havent had a problem with door dings but I am a violent person also and occasionally when its dark sit in the truck and wait for the dings to happen.

13. Jan 12, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    Gieser

Gieser Official Flatlander

Member:
    MB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 tundra yamaha edition
    scion Head Unit and magnaflow muffler...so far
    a friend aprked out in the midlle of nowhere at walmart and since it was a windy day the big metal cart stall was thrown into his 4runner. he had to fight with wal mart to pay for it, and he worked there!

14. Jan 12, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    A friend and I were down town in my 66 chevy and I am super picky about where I park it. She threw a fit like a little kid when I parked about a block away from the resturant we were going to and refused to walk that far.
    SO, I didn't argue, I just got in the truck and took her lazy ass back to her apartment.

15. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    TacomaJPP

TacomaJPP To secure peace, is to prepare for war

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    03 4WD TRD XTD Cab
    Snugtop Camper Brushguard
    I've seen two funny "buggy" stories in parking lights in my life:

1) I was a kid about 13 years old. Dad and I were at KMart (yes, Kmart). He had just bought a brand new 1994 Chevy Z71. We were standing in Kmart, looking out the big windows when a buggy came rolling down from a corale and hit the side of his truck. We happened to be standing at the customer service desk. Dad told the woman to look at his truck with the buggy against it. About that time, another one broke loose and came down and hit his truck broadside.

She said she was sorry, but they weren't responsible for anything in the parking lot. At that time, KMart had their "Lawn and Garden" section in the parking lot....pallets and pallets of flowers. I mean pallets and pallets. Dad said "fine, if you aren't responsible for anything in the parking lot, I'm going to drive over every single flower in the parking lot....since you aren't responsible for it, it shouldn't matter."

She quickly changed her tune and he ended up getting the couple of dents fixed on KMart's nickel.

Second story:

While I was in college, I worked at a Home Depot for about 3 months (shitty place to work BTW). I was lucky enough to be a (pull out your bugle) Lot Attendant...aka "Buggy Boy."

The story was brand new, as in I was hired before it was even opened to the public. The first week of opening, me and another guy (everyone called him Crazy Joe - for good reason) were hustling up stray buggies like Billy Crystal in City Slickers. We were standing up at the doors at the store and watched this jackass load up his crap in his truck and then launch the buggy down the parking lot....I mean right down the middle of the aisle!

For some crazy reason, it didn't hit one single car. Before I could drop a flurry of "f-bombs" Crazy Joe was at a full sprint towards the guy. Good God that guy got the cussing of his life. What that dipshit didn't realize was that Crazy Joe would have been glad to rearrange all of his teeth, get fired, and whip the store manager while he was at it. Lucky for that guy, he just kept his mouth shut and walked down and got the damn buggy! It was hilarious. I will never forget it as long as I live.

16. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Oh that's easy. I always park where the Taco's park. I trust these people and don't mind the extra walk. This town anyway. It's like a right of passage.

17. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    tig1

tig1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Saint John,New Brunswick,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    n fabs,window visor tonneau ,bilstein 5100's all round.245/75R16Toyo A/T II
    in the mall parking lot i park as far away as i can,it's worth the walk.
    at work i park right beside my boss so if he dings me,i know where to find him,besides it's all truck in that area anyway.

later tig1

18. Jan 13, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    beefcake

beefcake J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    Don't park next to the pink volkswagen because you know it's a dumb blonde driving, i usually park out as far as i can, i dont mind the walk, or try to find the benz or bmw's parked in the parking lot

19. Jan 13, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    mike92y

mike92y Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OFF ROAD
    OME all around. SPC UCA. This and that.
    This reminds me of why I miss the peace of crap S10 I owned before my Tacoma. When I drove the S10 I would park it 1/2 inch away from other cars or trucks that had pulled into a spot crooked taking up two spots because they were to lazy to back out and straighten their vehicle so someone else could park next to them. I mean normall cars not someone trying to protect their nice car. I wondered if they would be able to pull out without hitting my truck not that I would care. And if you are taking two spots up on purpose you had better do that at the back of the lot. With the Tacoma I park wherever, its a truck and I treat it as such, not that I don't take good care of it. I actually like my 97 Tcoma better than my 09 Mazda Speed3. But that's comparing apples and oranges.

Products Discussed in

To Top