1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you let your dog ride in the bed or the cab?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tacomalex, Aug 18, 2011.

?

Where do you put your dog when he rides with you?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2011.
  1. My dog rides in the cab with me

68.2%
  2. My dog rides in the bed

27.1%
  3. I tie the leash to a door handle and he runs along side of me

4.7%
  1. Sep 6, 2011 at 5:14 AM
    upthemaiden

upthemaiden Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab SR5
    Just bought it!
    I ended up picking up one of those dog hammocks. I got the longest one I could but it's still a little short considering how low the platform is in the back of the access cab compared to the front headrests. I bought some extra 1" webbing, some more plastic buckles, some grommets, and I'm gonna try to make it work. I noticed there are 2 hooks on the ceiling above the back window, never would've noticed them. There's also a little spot I think I can fit a little bungee hook on the metal piece the rear seatbelts are held up with. It's just been raining here non stop since Saturday and I haven't felt like messing with it yet.

2. Sep 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    There was actually an article in the local paper about this topic the other day. Personally, our dog is a 6lb Yorkie so never even had to give this much thought. I do have friends with dogs that take short trips in their truck beds and hadn't given it much thought until recently.

3. Sep 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Well depends how tall you build a platform. By "platform" I meant the plywood + 2x4 table people have built to level out the back of the access cab. (Plus you can slide backpacks and stuff underneath it, it's handy.)

4. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect. 2020 Gladiator
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    Yesterday i learned that my collie 100% hates riding in jeeps with no tops or doors:D(trained him well) We have a beach near by that i did not buy a sticker for this year so i have to ride onto the beach with a friend. I used to let my dog ride in the bed and the people ride in the cab of my truck onto the beach and, He would stick his head over the side of the bed and enjoy the ride. Put him in the jeep and he would not stop whining and tried to jump out the entire way.

5. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:44 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    i have two labs and they love riding in the back, if i put them up front they would be bummed i am sure, they are safe back there too, they are trained not to stand on the sides of the box, when it gets really cold in the winter i will let them up front probably if their feet are clean, if not they are staying home or we will go in my 78 Ford Bronco, i dont care if it gets muddy inside lol

6. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:46 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    plus i take them swimming all the time, so they have to be in the back after getting out of the water

7. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    norcal4banger

norcal4banger 11-98 MUD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Far Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 4 Cylinder 2WD 5 Lug RC Tacoma
    my dog whines in the bed. Shes only 8 months old, 70lbs, and barely fits next to me in my stupid ass regular cab.

8. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    im guessing since more of the guys on here have a hard time letting their girlfriends or wives in the truck, a dog would get instant boot to the bed

9. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect. 2020 Gladiator
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    ^honestly my dog is very tidy. He does not drop lipstick that melts into the carpet or leave girly hair elastics on the shifter. All i need to worry about is that the blanket in the fold up seat is still velcroed up so his fur doesnt get onto the seat back.

10. Oct 4, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    candypaintdrip1

candypaintdrip1 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 toyo tacoma trdsport
    Hid kit and fogs painted window visors skid plate led third brake light led reverse lights painted hard toneau cover
    This is my daughter Honey, she is a pappilion/maltese mix! Haha

cotumes 014.jpgcotumes 013.jpg

11. Oct 4, 2011 at 9:46 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    Trying to get the dog to ride shotgun, though he is a little big. The back of the access cab isn't the most comfortable either. He has ridden in the bed a couple times but only around the property when I am using my truck to do yardwork/renovations and what not. He isn't in my truck that often, though his hair is all over.

Products Discussed in

To Top