1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you like your Extang Solid Fold????

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bizjettech, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Oct 19, 2012 at 6:30 AM
    bizjettech

bizjettech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    I have read everything from POS to totally awesome, but lots of the posts are rather old.

What are your latest thoughts.......post up some pics for me.

2. Oct 19, 2012 at 6:36 AM
    Sullyman

Sullyman Crusty ole' conservative fart

Member:
    Augusta, Georgia area
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black TRD Sport
    Cat-back exhaust, BluLogic, Back-up Camera, Extang Solid Fold Tonnau cover, Pop-n-Lock PL8521 electronic tailgate lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Smittybuilt Nerf Step Bars, Toyota bed mat, Tinted the windows darker, CB with custom fab'd antenna mount, Grillcraft grill, AFE Pro Dry S filter with secondary filter removed. Differential breather relocation mod. Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo 3 tires Weathertech mats Spec-D HID Halo's Bilstein 5100s front set at 2.5" w/OEM springs 4-leaf TSB w/ SkyJacker add-a-leaf 2" block lift 1.5" wheel spacers Freedom Off-Road upper control arms .5" coil spacers ATOTO A6 Android double-din head unit
    Overall, I like it...I put a pop-n-lock electronic lock in my tailgate..that, plus the rigid cover makes the bed pseudo-secure....I have had to hit a few spots with the flat black rattle-can...the aluminum frame doesn't appear to hold the paint too well....

It does go on and come off very easily and quickly...when on and folded up it makes a great bed seat...

I built an CB antenna mount to work around it and still use the bed mount rails so it doesn't competely prevent their use...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top