1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DO you want me to pull mine and and stick it to your head?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Rmodel65, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jul 21, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 [OP] Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

2. Jul 21, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
  3. Jul 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    Kilo22

Kilo22 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Midsouth
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    No, there is not a huge difference. If you are armed, you are considered a threat, until I determine otherwise. I dont care if you tell me your carrying, you have a permit or you are a POS thug...I will disarm you until Im done with my investigation. And how do you know if someone if dangerous by looking at them? You cant, so you approach every situatuion as if the person is. That doesnt mean talk to them like they're a dog or treat them like this officer did.

4. Jul 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    Ah, the old bad apple.

5. Jul 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Yeah that cop needs some "counseling" My favorite shitty cop was the TN trooper that wasted the family dog during during a stop right in front of the kids and everyone. What a shit bag.

I remember what they always told us when I was in the Air Force, when you're in uniform, someone is always watching.

6. Jul 21, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    Rmodel65

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

maybe you should read Terry again.... http://supreme.justia.com/us/392/1/case.html

being armed does not make you dangerous...you gotta have something else like furtive movements etc... it say Armed and Dangerous, not Armed= Dangerous.... and the dangerous part you gotta have a reasonable objective explanation why they are...because they have a weapon doesnt cut it

In Ga you could be sued for civil rights violations because you would not have Carte Blanch authority to seize all weapons...

http://georgiapacking.org/caselaw/statevjones.htm

7. Jul 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    Officer was surprisingly cool in that one, despite the citizen being a dick.
    Just because he had the right to carry or not give the officer his name, doesn't mean he has to be such a PITA to the cop.

And he's walking around with the camera running? Seems like he's fishing for a law suit to me.

8. Jul 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

I'll agree with most of this but...

"You cant, so you approach every situatuion as if the person is."

Your statement here about approaching everyone as if they're a threat maybe a little pre-mature, approach with awareness & caution for sure but to treat as a threat may cause YOU to do something unwarranted or unneeded action..

I will say that it does piss me off to see a perp/suspect/stupid DB citizen that may start out a little uncooperative & with a threat of tazer or some other "non lethal" weapon that the person does start to comply & get tazed anyway.

I know we're all human but when you take an oath to be an peace officer there is a great amount of responsibility that goes with it, not only putting your life on the line but to use training & calm,cool reserve when deligating degrees of force on the public & to ascertain if force is even required. We had a couple incidents here in San Diego county in the town of Ramona,Ca. where the sheriffs deputies were tazing people for the hell of it until they tazed the wrong person & also were on video from start to finish, of course these cops are history now, but look at the damage that they did for PR in that community. A couple bad ones really fuck it up for the decent cops out there...

9. Jul 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    I was a police officer for 9 years and this disgusts me beyond measure.

This officer should be, without question, terminated. There is no excuse for this behavior. At the very least it is unprofessional, at the very worst, it's criminal. He obviously has no ability to maintain his composure in stressful and unpredictable situations--hallmark qualities of anyone involved in law enforcement or armed duties. It should be clear to anyone seeing this video that this officer is not cut out for LE work, where a balance of public service and officer safety are essential. Risks are inherent in LE duties. Those who choose LE careers--except this ignoramus--understand and readily accept this risk. Those who deny this fact are naive.

What is also disgusting is the repeated threats of future harassment made by this officer. Stopping the driver, impounding his vehicle, and putting him in jail. What is this Nazi Germany and this guy is a member of the Gestapo. Maybe he is a member of the Minority Report?

What is most shocking to me is his continued threatening of this man, when the man was secured in the back of his patrol vehicle. Quite unbelievable. If I had been pulled over and treated like this citizen was, I would ensure this officer understood the true meaning of intimidation tactics and retribution in the form of a civil suit, which I have no doubt I could win. Pro bono/contingency lawyers would be lining up to sue the City of Canton, the PD, this officer and his partner.

10. Jul 21, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    & ya know, after watching this again (uninterrupted this time) These are the worst, power abusing pieces of shit I've seen in awhile, it is THEY who shouldn't be out in public... we can already see their bad cops & it speaks volumes about the kind of people they are, no better than the scumbags they're looking for, sadly theres at least one in every sub station,precinct, Department,etc; across this nation..

I implore any good ,professional law enforcement officer to target these criminal cops where you are & "out them". They serve no purpose, should be fired & prosecuted, & dishonor the badge & oath you took when you chose to serve. just my $.02

11. Jul 21, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    There were no drugs, or illegal firearms in the vehicle. I didn't see anything that I think should be probable cause for a search. This mans constitutional rights where violated throughout this video.

Also, what the hell kind of search is it where the driver remains in the vehicle? I've never seen police search a vehicle thats occupied, for their own safety. Every time I've been pulled over, one of the first things the officer said was "do you have any weapons?".

I don't care how stressed he is, there is no situation where ANYONE on the other side of the law would be able to make the threats he was making without serious consequences or being shot themselves. I don't see how him having a badge makes him any difference. Try threatening to shoot a cop 10 times and see what happens to you.

I stand by my original post. He should be fired and not be allowed to possess a firearm. He'd be getting off light compared to what would happen to a civilian who had acted the same.

12. Jul 21, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i THINK you and I discussed this previously...and if wasnt you it was someone who shares your ideals etc

The very few times that I've encountered LEGALLY armed citizens, regardless of the nature, I've since begun pulling the parties out of the vehicle (because the US Supreme Court has ruled that any officer on a legal traffic stop can pull any or all occupants out of the vehicle for absolutely no reason) and having them leave the weapon in the vehicle.

Now, to address the video

I make ZERO excuses for the officers on the video because the way officer #1 treated that driver was completely 100% out of line and unprofessional.

With that being said

The officers may have been working a prostitution or narcotics operation and for law enforcement purposes, officers can black out their vehicle if need be and safe to do so. The woman encountered may be a known prostitute/narcotics user (and I'm not talking about weed). Searching the areas of the vehicle where she had access to is not out of line.

I HATE HATE HATE armchair quarterbacking another officer, because i hate it when others do it to me

BUT

Approach
    Blue Lights
    Announce and identify myself
    pull all 3 subjects away from the vehicle and have them seating on the curb
    Acquire ID from all 3 people (at which point CCP holder would let the officers know he's carrying)
    Weapon is secured for officer safety purposes
    1 officer stays with 2 subjects as 3rd is field interviewed...rotate subjects
    Decide on charges and make appropriate arrests/tickets
    Send them on their way

Depending on actions/etc I MAY decide to briefly search the vehicle, but more than likely in this case it would be for narcotics and I'd BET that I'd be able to articulate my probable cause for the search

13. Jul 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    Kilo22

Kilo22 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Midsouth
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

14. Jul 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    Rmodel65

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    ill take your side if you can show me case law that says Armed= Dangerous....but from my understanding right now Armed=/=Dangerous without a reason

15. Jul 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    knayrb

knayrb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    If that happened to me I would have my house paid for and he would have lost his job. Period! COPS enforce the law but are not the law. One time I got pulled it was for a burned out license plate blub. I immediately told him I was carrying. He let me know the bulb was out then thanked me for helping protect society. Nice guy.

16. Jul 22, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    :facepalm:

someone needs to whup that cop's ass.

17. Jul 22, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    +1

18. Jul 22, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
  19. Jul 25, 2011 at 1:49 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Uh....what he said. :D

20. Jul 25, 2011 at 1:52 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member: