1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does anybody offroad their Timbren bumps?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rzimm001, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Nov 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    I'm seriously looking into some bump stops to finish up my trucks setup. I have icons all the way around, and a Deaver leaf pack. Everything works awesome but I can be pretty hard on my rig when I hit the trails. Sometimes I catch a little air under the tires. I really don't have the money yet for hydraulic bumps. For someone in my position, are the timbrens decent for offroading or are they purely for people hauling loads. And lastly if you do have them and offroad, how do they react when you bottom out? Thanks

2. Nov 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
  3. Nov 10, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    I have them front and rear, The ones in the rear work awsome!, Nothing really to report on the fronts, I havent jumped my truck, well since ive had them:eek:

4. Nov 10, 2009 at 3:52 PM
    nelson18matt2

nelson18matt2 same guy as other nelson18matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Prerunner
    Icon CO, Camburg UCA, timbrens, bili 5100, deaver J59, glassworks fenders, BFG AT, AR mojave teflons
    i have timbrens on my 1st gen. they work great but do have some serious rebound when the truck catches air.

5. Nov 10, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    Well I just PMd Dan about the new front Poly-Foam bump stops for the front. Definitely picking up a set of those. As for the rear, sounds like the timbrens are the way to go. Maybe I'll hold out though just in case they come out with some poly-foam rears....

Products Discussed in

To Top