1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does anyone besides Toyota sell the leaf pack from the TSB or something similiar?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacomaPrime, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Oct 16, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime [OP] Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    Cause i only have the 3 leaf pack. i imagine that the dealer would rape me on price!
    I did call them to see if i would have to pay out of pocket and i would.

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime [OP] Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    Oh, and I'm not looking to get any lift out of it. I don't have the money for the front stuff right now.

3. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    An AAL or air bags would be your most cost effective options. An AAL would be more of a band aid but would temporarily give your leaf pack new lift (but would also give you a little bit of lift). Air bags wouldn't give you any lift but would allow you to handle loads better since you can adjust the air pressure to match the weight you're hauling.

As far as a replacement leaf pack that does not provide lift, you'd probably have to order them from a place like Alcan or a local spring shop. I think Alcan is in the $500 range +/- but they could make you a leaf pack that would not increase your ride height but would increase your capacity.

EDIT: Another option would be to find another donor leaf pack, take it apart and insert those leafs into yours. You'd end up with a 4 - 6 leaf pack when you're done but would take a little elbow grease on your end.

Products Discussed in

To Top