1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does Leaf TSB increase the weight you can haul?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by noocs, May 15, 2009.

1. May 15, 2009 at 5:11 AM
    noocs

noocs [OP] Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 2x cab short bed
    Do not know if this has been asked but I have the "yellow" sticker that reduced the haul weight, but just had the Leaf TSB preformed with all new shocks. With this done do you know if this brings me back up to the manuel book weight? I need to pick up wood pellets and want to make as few trips as possible. FYI I have the basic Taco double cab short bed 09.

2. May 15, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I would not say it increases the amount you can haul, but it increases the performance of your truck's suspension when you haul that extra weight

3. May 15, 2009 at 5:29 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 TRDsport
    5100's all around - fronts at 1.75", 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2, HID headlights and fog lights, factory skid plate, ss exhaust tip, tube steps, Access roll-up tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, 6 D-rings, seat MagLite, LED dome, fumoto oil drain, DTRL, fog light anytime, Kenwood/Clarion speakers, Pop-N-Lock 5300, LED bed lights and a few other things...
    That's a good question...I really don't know. It definitely makes your truck more stable when carrying a load but does it increase the GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating)?

I had 2 dirt bikes and our riding gear in the back of my 09 double cab with TSB springs and bottomed out a few times.

In my 2004 1st gen, with stock suspension, I NEVER bottomed out with the same gear loaded. Go figure...

4. May 15, 2009 at 5:42 AM
    harshest

harshest I am the Sofa King

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Light On, Hidden Garage Door Opener, Scanguage II, Weathertech Liners, Cig lighter always on, Door buzzer removed from dash- Upcoming: 5100s for front and rear, set fronts to 2.5" and Toytec AALs.
    I believe it just "restores" your pay load capacity to what is stated in the manual, in the pre 09 models.

To Top