1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

does the silver toyota skid plate go over the black stock sport skid plates?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by larry2375, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Feb 6, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    larry2375

larry2375 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    honolulu
    Vehicle:
    2010 mgm prerunner sport
    upper mx grillcraft, flowmaster super 44,bilstein 5100 @ 2.5,toytec 1/4" spacer driver side,nitto terra grappler 285/70/17,17x9 xd addicts, undercover tonneau cover, wet okoles, weathertech mats, toyota door sill protector, toyota bed mat, 30% tint, black toyota oem tube steps, 14" shorty antenna, trd skid plate, most important, viper 5902 with remote start and two dual shock sensors
    hey guys, its my first post and just bought me a 2010 mgm tacoma sport double cab prerunner. already added the dealer tube steps and the undercover tonneau cover. the undercover cost a little over a grand here in hawaii, but i sure do like it a lot. im thinking of getting the silver front skid plate from the dealer, will i have to remove the ones already on? or do i take the old ones off and bolt the new ones on? also will i have access to the engine oil drain plug with the new skid plates? i'm not planning on offroading and really want it for the looks. im heading to the dealer next week to get the bed mat, door sill protector and some oil filters. btw, i'm learning a lot from this forum. thanks!

2. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    sincitytaco

sincitytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off-Road 2wd Cement Grey
    Bilstein 6112/5160 set at notch 2/3, OEM TRD Pro Wheels, 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks, OEM TRD Pro Grill, Debadged, Ceramic Tinted Windows
    It installs over the original plate. Yes you will have the access to everything while it is installed. It is just for looks it does nothing for protection.

Products Discussed in

To Top