1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does this price seem right?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mr. Brown, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Apr 7, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    4Wheelparts Oakland qouted me $435 to put on UCA's with alignment. That seems a little high to me. I am capable of doing th install myself but I have to get it aligned so I thought "what the heck I'll just see how much it would be just to let them do it." Apparently they charge $145 an hour plus another $145 for the alignment.

2. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    For Cali that price seems kinda low, I know shop rates around here can be anywhere from $90 to $120 an hour. I figure Cali double or triple. If you don't feel like doing it have them do it and assume the liability, but personally I hate 4WheelParts. There the motorcycle shop rejects.

3. Apr 8, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    I called the local toyata dealership and they said they would do it for almost $80 cheaper. I knew that price was too high

4. Apr 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Just an update. I went back to 4wheel parts to get a coilover wrench and I told the guy there about getting a cheaper deal at the toyota dealer and he said that they would do the install for what ever the dealer quoted me. I just decided to have the dealer do my install and my oil change at the same time

5. Apr 10, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    Putting on my uca's was a piece of cake, 16 dollars at harbor freight for the ball joint seperator and that was it. The worst part was bending the fender out a little to get the bolt out. The alignment at my local dealer is only 39 dollars.

To Top