1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does Toyota really monitor Dealership service?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 20Jim12, May 11, 2012.

1. May 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    20Jim12

20Jim12 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    SR5 DC-4.0
    The answer is no, I haven't changed any suspension, tires, etc. I also din't run anything over: rocks, stumps. If I did, I wouldn't have gone lookng for a "freebee". Only a dirtbag would try that trick.

It wasn't the tech, it was the Assisant Service Manager that I dealt with.

Why in Hell would I go in yelling? Any fool should know you'll attract more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.

I went there only looking for what was fair, a brand new truck that didn't have an issue. Why would you assume otherwise?

I started this thread because after thinking about the whole situation, I question on how they would deal with any other warranty work.

2. May 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    JayDawg

JayDawg Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sterling, Co. via San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    I wish Toyota would hold their dealers more accountable. Here in Colorado, Erlich Toyota is the worst! They have lost our business for life do to them wanting to charge extra money after things have been done. They also try to sneak in extra fees when buying an auto. If any dealership has the name Erlich on it, avoid it!

3. May 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    I wasn't assuming, I was asking. This is the internet. Thanks for clarifying, no hard feelings were meant.

Frank

4. May 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    SodakTaco

SodakTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCab TRD Sport
    Floor mats
    That's the first I've heard of Erlich being shady, but I only know of a couple of people who bought from them. If you feel like making the trip for smiling service, the guys at Spradley Barr Cheyenne are all friendly and have handled the warranty work I've given them without a fuss. They even diagnosed a problem that they couldn't cover under warranty(damage) and didn't charge me for the shop time. I haven't had them do anything major so I can't attest to that, but for helping me weed out my squeeks and rattles, I've been pretty satisfied.

5. May 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    20Jim12

20Jim12 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    SR5 DC-4.0
    None taken.

Products Discussed in

To Top