1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dog Leg Damage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Wildman23, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Dec 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    Wildman23

Wildman23 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Scio, NY
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport (Black)
    Westin Bull Bar,Raptor Nerf Bars, WeatherTech Floorliners, Ventvisors, Hood Protector
    I purchased a new 2011 TRD Sport DC (Black) one year ago. Had damage(chipping) due to road spatter to "dog leg" (flare in front of rear tire) in first month.Toyota will warranty one time but I want to stop future damage. Only recommendation from local dealer was installing full coverage running boards. I have already installed Raptor SS nerf bars which I really like. Have looked at several different "clear cover" products but unsure. Any ideas would be appreciated ! This is my first post . Thanks

2. Dec 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem
    This looks like it might work- I was think of some of it for the hood, bumpers etc.

www.invisiblemask.com

3. Dec 25, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    So, you're getting chips on the rockers?

Do you have mudflaps?

OEM Running boards are nice.....I have the double cab running boards on my access cab. They cover the entire side (wheel to wheel). Mudflaps plus the running boards help with road splatter & door dings.

4. Dec 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    Wildman23

Wildman23 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Scio, NY
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport (Black)
    Westin Bull Bar,Raptor Nerf Bars, WeatherTech Floorliners, Ventvisors, Hood Protector
    Yes I have factory installed OEM mudflaps which are more than sufficient, wide and low. I believe that somehow due to design that the "debri" is blowing out around flaps and back on the area I describe. Without a wind tunnel to check, who knows . Basically wondering if anyone else is having this same issue. More noticeable on a dark colored truck. should have bought a Silver one.

5. Dec 26, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    Not a mark or chip on mine. But I had the clear Shields installed from day 1.

6. Dec 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    What kind of tires are you running and what kind of roads are you driving on?

I never had any problems to begin with even prior to installing the running boards.

Have any pictures of the damage?

Products Discussed in

To Top