1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dog Slobber.

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Eddie1958, May 20, 2019.

1. May 20, 2019 at 2:39 AM
    Eddie1958

Eddie1958 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    I have a black truck and my dog rides in the back seat with a hammock. She slobbers on the paint outside the window. Truck was jet sealed in October. When washing with sun in the correct angle you can see the residue where the spit streaks on the paint. I assume the spit is wearing away my coatings. I try to clean when we get home but have left it on sometimes a week in the winter. Can dog spit do any damage to paint and are there any coatings better suited to protecting against dog slobber.

2. May 20, 2019 at 3:01 AM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE.LA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    Stuff with some other black things
    Not sure, but if it's anything like baby vomit...it's corrosive...JK. You should be alright. You might want to try Maguire's Cleaner wax.
    [​IMG]
    It works good on bird poop.

3. May 20, 2019 at 6:15 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    I am willing to bet you are not getting the 1 year they advertise out of the jet seal.

cookiedough likes this.
  4. May 20, 2019 at 11:06 AM
    Eddie1958

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    No Mine is ok as I only drove about 4,000 miles since Oct. My friend who did his Camry daily driver is gone. So you can figure 6 months. I am going to be doing one panel at a time for light off road weed rubs on the sides. I have another bottle of jet seal I am going to rub some scratch x on it before I put the jet seal on. Then I will do It again before winter.
    After this bottle is gone I will decide if I want to try something else.

5. May 20, 2019 at 11:09 AM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Just so you know, saliva does contain acids to help in breaking down food. So yes, it will eat up your coating.

6. May 20, 2019 at 11:52 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Especially if the sealant is already gone

7. May 23, 2019 at 12:47 AM
    Eddie1958

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    Opinion about the jet seal. While I coated my truck last October she still beads but I am not sure it is due to Jet seal. I wash about weekly with Meguiares gold wash and wax. In either case it is detail week and I am almost done doing the swirl x just need to do the roof today. and front grill and bumper. Then I will do the jet seal again. What I do like about Jet seal is that the dirt does not stick and most falls of with a rinse before the washing.
    First time using swirl x and it is mild and works at removing swirls but does little for red brier scratches. I will be considering paint correction before the October coating. Swirl x did make my truck optically deeper and clearer when viewing the reflection of treated and untreated panels. I have a lot more rubbing to do. Then on to engine bay interior and plastic dressing.

8. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:00 PM
    TacoTacoTacoz

TacoTacoTacoz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR DCSB
    Tints Running boards LED interior lights Hood bug reflector Window rain guards Hard shell TRD PRO grille w/ Raptor lights
    looks like we'll have to wax our trucks more often!

Products Discussed in

To Top