1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dome light supervision

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by saweetlou, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sep 15, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Stepside
    2in Skyjacker
    I just bought a alarm for my 02 Taco and I remember seeing something about the door pins and dome light supervision. Something with the delay of the dome light turning off but cant find it anywhere, anyone know where or how I do it.

2. Sep 15, 2011 at 6:13 AM
    elicitone

elicitone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Not sure what info your looking for. But if you are concerned about the delay time of the interior lights tripping your alarm it shouldn't be a problem? I can't be positive with the Taco's as I am a recent convert from Honda's but generally, when you lock the doors it cancles the delay time and shuts out the lights right away.

3. Sep 15, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Stepside
    2in Skyjacker
    I tried this once befor on a friends truck and could not get the doors to trip the alarm because of the dome light. I remember finding a write up on here with somthing about a diode or relay that had to be put in.

4. Sep 15, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    jberry813

jberry813 The Mad Scientist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    Pretty sure the 02 is the same as my 04. The dome light supervision is automatic when the doors get unlocked. The door triggers themselves is on the front of the fuse box with the 22 pin plug. The driver door trigger is green, the passenger door trigger is green/white (both negative triggers). You'll need to use both wires with diodes to isolate them.

5. Aug 27, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    randianatoyota

randianatoyota New Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    02 Toyota Tacoma
    I am about to install an alarm, remote start and keyless entry made by Sigutech in my 2002 Tacoma regular cab. I am trying to see which usage will I utilize the Auxilliary Channel 5 and don't know if this is optional. Have you guys use this wire before?

6. Aug 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 ASE Master Tech Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    Multi-point tow hooks, new bored 2.7L engine, custom paint. 3 inch adjustable Fabtech front coils, 2.5 inch rear AAL. Front Aussie locker. LED bed lights. Full LED conversion interior and exterior. Relentless Fabrication front and rear bumpers. 4X4innovation sliders. BAMF bed rack. CVT rooftop tent.
    According the the wiring schematics, the door switch itself is either in the door jamb, or part of the door lock assembly. It is not really showing clearly. As mentioned above, the driver's door open switch is the green wire on the driver's door, and the green/white wire for the passenger's door. You should install a diode when tapping in, to prevent your alarm system from sending a false trigger to the Body Control Module.

To Top