1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dont you just hate beggars?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by fireturk41, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i dont mean this thread to bash those who may have fallen on hard times and need a little help, but i just gotta say i hate beggars that just try to rob you of your damn money!

i was at circuit city tonightand before i even finish parking there is this portly gentleman in a jacked at my window, so i turn on all my regular lights (head lamps and offroad lights ect...) roll down my window and ask him if i can provide him with any assistance

he give me a nice story of how hes trying to get to tampa FL and needs money for gas and food, so naturally i tell him i have none on me, i asked where his vehicle is though, he tells me its at the gas station right beside my location and that he and his family are cold, so i offer him the 5 gals of gas i always have with me....

he refuses and says he needs money for food aswell seeing that there is a walmart mcdonalds and subway within walking distance i offer to buy he and his supposed family a meal. wich he replys with no its fine ill just be off

damn losers need to get a frickin job and try not to feed off the rest of the society

2. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    Drug or booze money.. it's a shame and pitiful that they could lie and con people out of money

3. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    that jackass probably wants his cigs and booze not saying theres anything wrong with that but shit be honest

4. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    theres still circuit city?

5. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Yea I dont hand out money like that. The only people I will give money are the ones at the gas stations that are willing to wash the front window on my truck. If you are willing to do something I will give you money. These are the ones that arent trying to lie. If they go buy drugs and booze oh well. He put in the work to do so. I usually give about a dollar in quarters.

6. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2.

7. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR

I agree with you.
    Rep.

8. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Yeah I never give money to anyone or on the street charities! Because some of them if not the majority use the money for illegal drugs and or alcohol. Sounds like this guy was trying to get money from you for some drugs or something.

9. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    Griztaco

Griztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    yeah, if he asked for money for food, but refused food directly, than he was lying to you, he wanted money to support a drug or alcohol problem.

10. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:00 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    i like to lend a helping hand... assuming i can afford it... but it always goes towards a charity or something helping kids in burn houses. i just dont trust the people out on the streets... they may very well be homeless or in need of help... but i know theres a few here that come up from out of state for a few months and act like the are bums and collect mass money... it makes me sick.

11. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I thought the same thing, double checked the date of the thread!

I have experienced the same thing. A white trash looking lady approached me at Target in the parking lot, bad teeth, hair the whole thing. She needed food for her kids and so on. I gave her two bucks and forgot about it.
    I finished up my shopping at Target and went over to Albertson’s. I see that same lady in the meat section, didn’t think much about it, I take my purchases to the front and that lady is at the customer service counter returning a bunch of stakes and chicken that her “daughter” bought and she didn’t need, and she “lost” her receipt.
    I tracked down the manager and told her what I saw but she said there was nothing she could do, and they gave her a store credit. As I’m walking out of the store, she runs out the other door with her arms full and jumped into a waiting car. Could not get a plate number. What a dirt bag.

Edit

Another time at Wienerschnitzel this bum comes up to the car and I thought OK here we go, he goes, do you think you could buy me a hot dog? I could not believe it. I bought him a couple dogs, fries and a jumbo drink, even tossed my change in the bag for him. He did not ask for a penny, just food.

12. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    when I lived in Philly I'd eat out a lot and usually have leftovers. I had no problem handing a bum a my half-eaten, partially cold meal, usually cuz it was still better than whatever crap they pulled out of a garbage. And sometimes I'd order a 2nd cheesesteak if one was sitting nearby.

Sometimes I'll even drop in some change for the guy whose sign says "Why lie? Want beer" cuz at least he's being straight.

But I hate that "I need money to get somewhere line." And the ones who demand money, or ask if I have change. I mean, I kind of hate the Salvation Army guys at Xmas (yeah, real Christian of me, huh?). But at least I give change to them.

Anyway, yeah, hate the begging. Do something for money. I have no problem giving food if they ask though.

13. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I was about 12 and me and my stepdad were working in L.A. We just got our food at the McDonalds drive thru and pulled forward to check our order and make sure we got everything. A panhandler comes out of no where to my dads window. It was down since we just got the food. He starts asking for money and starts touching the steering wheel and acting crazy. My dad rools up the window catching his hands inside still. The bum started yelling since they were stuck. My dad started driving slowly forward toward the street and he started running to keep up. Then he lowered the window allowing him to take his hands out and we left.

We taught that douche a lesson.

14. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
  15. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I was under the impression they closed as well.

16. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    You did the right thing. you have to call thier bluff. no money just offer them something tangible and you will find out what they are really after. Its a shame to because these guys ruin it for the ones who have to use those "Lines" for real!

I hate the ones who sit at the off ramps and you see then "tagging" out! they have shifts! My brother told me when he was in Pheonix going to college that guys would get off work and dress in ragged clothing and go pan handle! what a bunch of crap.

17. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    it mighta been radio shack...idk its one of them nerd stores i frequent

18. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...I hate when you offer to help someone and they turn it down cause it's not exactly what they want...or when they keep asking for stuff.
    Got a dood a plate of food when I lived in Tampa when I was out with my friends...he ate it and then waited out side and tried to hit us up again...Pretty sad and selfish.

I stick to donating to charities that do things for folks who do for themselves and doing community service now- No more hang outs.

19. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    i was riding around with a state trooper once since my gf and her mom work for the state police. there was a begger by the interstate asking for food so he goes and buys him a wendy's double stack and drives by and hands it to the guy. the guy says he didnt ask for food he asked for money. the trooper says well your sign says your are hungry. the guys says idc i want money. so he goes and get a large sweet tea, drives by and drenches the dude in sweet tea!

couldnt believe a trooper would do that but he got what he deserved!

Products Discussed in

To Top