1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door Ajar / Seat belt Alarm making me crazy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by naturalight, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Jul 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM
    naturalight

naturalight [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello All,
    I drive a 2008 Toyota Tacoma with NO bells and whistles. This truck is only used on a private road. I make several stops throughout my route and a seat belt is not practical nor needed. (no other vehicles...flat road...5mph...you get the picture)

I can't stand the seat belt / door ajar alarm. The owner of the vehicle, my boss, has given me the go ahead to disarm it as he also can't stand the alarm. ( he uses it to go between work sheds )

Anyone have an intelligent idea for a quick fix or possibly know a way to disarm the weight sensors for the seats?
    Sorry if this is a retarded question or something already covered. (tried a forum search for 'ajar')
    I appreciate the responses. Thanks again

2. Jul 17, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Don't do that. The weight sensors for the seats also correspond to the airbag sensors so they won't deploy properly if at all in the case of a crash.

There's a mod to disarm them, but I haven't tried it yet.

3. Jul 17, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    i read this on here somewhere.
    1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
    2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
    3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
    4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.
    this works for the driver's side. for the passenger do the same but have sit in the passenger seat

It worked on my 09 to turn off that seatbelt chime anyway.

4. Jul 17, 2009 at 1:46 PM
    naturalight

Member:
    Thanks for that. Makes sense to me. I can envision how they could correspond to the airbag. With that being said...I either suck at googling or the internet b/c I am having trouble finding a way to disarm this seat belt alarm.

If there is no way to do it by clipping wires or w/e without compromising safety during a crash...possibly just purchase extra seat belt clips and clip them in?

thanks again people

5. Jul 17, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    naturalight

Member:
    Thanks so much for the information. I'm headed out to the shed to try it now. THANKS AGAIN!

6. Jul 17, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    KMN-BLU

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    Let us know how it works out. Many others have had success if you follow the steps completely.

7. Jul 17, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    Blackened Taco

Blackened Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC 4WD TRD Sport Tacoma Speedway Blue
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Follow the directions, I have a post with this on it also

8. Jul 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    BeachBoy

BeachBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    for the chime when you open the door, you have to cancel it at the speaker. I've seen it done while doing the LED lights swap, you need to cut a connection somewhere

9. Jul 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    cntmdc

cntmdc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 "Super White"
    Undercover Toneau cover, Billet Grill, bug deflector,Fog light Mod,Nerf bars,17" TRD Sport wheels, stainless mirror covers,LED Guage cluster "Blue",SS Front Skid Plate,Custom "SOCKMONKEY" SR5 Decals, OEM TRD SS exhaust tip,shorty antenna,Clarion DVD Head unit,Bilstein 5100's Front shocks,Toytec 2"AAL,Custom Racing Stripe hood,roof & tail gate
    Ditto on this...I did it to my truck it was driving me crazy..It works and don't have to listen to the stupid beeping sound.

10. Jul 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    naturalight

Member:
    Just wanted to say thanks again for posting this info. My workday is 10k times better! The simple things...

11. Jul 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    KMN-BLU

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    reps all around :)

Products Discussed in

To Top