1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

closed- Door handle bowl lights- group buy 09172020

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Canada' started by oostroma, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Oct 5, 2020 at 9:13 PM
    CanadaToy

CanadaToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OR Alpine
    TRD Pro grille & skid, OEM tonneau and roof racks
    Like... it's definitely whiter. If you want it to be exact, get blue. I'm good with the white.

2. Oct 6, 2020 at 2:48 AM
    stealthmode

stealthmode Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2016 Short N Stubby Bed- MGM
    Front and Rear lifts Tires ECGS bushing Lots of other crap +HP sticker

Any updates on this?

3. Oct 6, 2020 at 5:18 AM
    oostroma

oostroma [OP] (Boomer)

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR access cab- BBP colour
    TRD emblems, tinted windows, OEM running boards, AVS vent shades, RMAS upgrade, LED lights in front and rear, interior LED lighting upgrade, LED lighting in bed, touch control dash mount for LED lighting, auxillary 12v and USB jacks in bed, replace all speakers with Infinity, custom mod with Bose tweeters, TRD Pro illumination mod...
    It seems there were some changes made to the site regarding shipping costs which has concluded with pricing all over the place. I have tested with purchasing different items and the shipping charges are different for similar sized items with USPS being an option on some items and not on others.
    I suggest trying a test purchase of the lights and see what the result is for shipping. When I tried the cost was $35 US. When a TW member in Gatineau tried the cost was $0.

4. Oct 6, 2020 at 8:08 AM
    stealthmode

stealthmode Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2016 Short N Stubby Bed- MGM
    Front and Rear lifts Tires ECGS bushing Lots of other crap +HP sticker
    OK thanks, will do test purchase now.....:pccoffee:

Edit: Tried checking out purchase and it was $35-145 to Alberta. :facepalm:

5. Oct 6, 2020 at 10:26 AM
    oostroma

oostroma [OP] (Boomer)

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD emblems, tinted windows, OEM running boards, AVS vent shades, RMAS upgrade, LED lights in front and rear, interior LED lighting upgrade, LED lighting in bed, touch control dash mount for LED lighting, auxillary 12v and USB jacks in bed, replace all speakers with Infinity, custom mod with Bose tweeters, TRD Pro illumination mod...
    That's what I am saying, the shipping structure is messed up. This is the cost to ship to Ontario. You could try contacting her directly to see if it can get sorted.
    KTJO shipping.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  6. Oct 6, 2020 at 10:49 AM
    Sliding West

Sliding West Mad Props!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    20 AG Pro
    SPC UCA Westcott Design Front Icon Progressive Add a Leaf Greenlane Step Slider Retrax Pro Retractable Cover Weatertech Visors EGR Hood Deflector Meso Headlight Trim Plates Meso Red Start Button Meso Vent rings Meso Blackout Start and 4X4 ring Meso Total Tail Stage 1 Meso V5 Turn signals Meso Puddle Pods Meso Overhead Hexrack Meso door handle covers VLED Vanity, License, and Plate reverse lights Tacoma OEM bed step Raptor Lights Meso Ultimate Red/White Interior Lights KTJO Grab Handle KTJO Door Pocket Lights Ice Blue Durabump Front SCS SR8 17x8.5
    I found that pic buried on KTJO site. I have ordered the ice blue and will update when I get the set !

7. Oct 6, 2020 at 11:06 AM
    oostroma

oostroma [OP] (Boomer)

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    I was quite happy with my own version of puddle lights and footwell lights that I have expanded it to the access cab doors as well. The 1x blue LED illuminates the corner of the rear panel but when I open the door the blue goes off and 2x white LEDs come on to illuminate behind the seat and the ground under the access cab door. This is accomplished with a NO/NC proximity sensor embedded in the backside of the door panel above the LEDS.

IMG_20200927_2029303.jpg
    IMG_20200927_2029366.jpg
    IMG_20201003_1830559.jpg
    IMG_20201003_1831063.jpg

8. Dec 7, 2020 at 3:18 PM
    Juice Weasel

Juice Weasel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Tacoma SR5
    +++
    Wanted to update this thread and let anyone know installing them that its super simple you dont even need to remove the screw behind the stock bowl plates. Prying loose the door panel is surprisingly easy and the adapters really only fit one way so its self explanatory for anyone who ever built a PC or wired anything. The first one took me 20 minutes and the last three took about 5 minutes each. 20201207_170944.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  9. Jan 30, 2021 at 9:03 PM
    Sliding West

Sliding West Mad Props!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    20 AG Pro
    SPC UCA Westcott Design Front Icon Progressive Add a Leaf Greenlane Step Slider Retrax Pro Retractable Cover Weatertech Visors EGR Hood Deflector Meso Headlight Trim Plates Meso Red Start Button Meso Vent rings Meso Blackout Start and 4X4 ring Meso Total Tail Stage 1 Meso V5 Turn signals Meso Puddle Pods Meso Overhead Hexrack Meso door handle covers VLED Vanity, License, and Plate reverse lights Tacoma OEM bed step Raptor Lights Meso Ultimate Red/White Interior Lights KTJO Grab Handle KTJO Door Pocket Lights Ice Blue Durabump Front SCS SR8 17x8.5
    Ice ice baby !
    So the ice blue is a great match. Love this mod.
    ECDEEDC8-F7BD-460A-9AD2-CEA64926633C.jpg

10. Oct 24, 2022 at 2:35 AM
    VaToy

VaToy Life Long Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD DCLB Sport 4x4 Silver Sky
    Bilsteins 5100s on the top setting, 4runner Gray TRD Pro Sema wheels, 285/70/17 Toyo AT3s, Sumo Bump stops, TRD exhaust, ECGS Clamshell bushing, 1/4 shim for the lean and one inch rear block, OEM Pro grill and garnish OEM TRD Skid plate, TRD CAI, Demon Brackets, Rigid Industries Pro fog lights, OEM Trail Rails sidebars, Diode Dynamics LED SL1 high and low beam lights, OEM Roof racks, Clazzio leather heated seats, Remote Start, TRD Pro shift knob, tinted windows, Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp for the headunit and sub and amp combo, OEM Puddle lights, OEM tailgate lock, OEM bed mat, LED interior lights, OEM blackout kit for letters, JLT catch can, upgraded 27F toyota True Start battery, Vleds led tail light kit with Pro tail lights, OEM Rave4 side mirrors with convex spotters,just to name a few mods.
    Looks great, I'm getting ready to order this kit. So you think Ice Blue is the best match over the white. I'm looking for the right color to be more factory looking and not something too much of an overkill.

TTOutsider likes this.
  11. Oct 24, 2022 at 11:08 AM
    oostroma

oostroma [OP] (Boomer)

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Ice blue matches the instrument cluster but the regular blue matches the shift indicator light and in my case, the TRD Pro shift knob illumination mod.

IMG_20210418_1452068.jpg
    IMG_20210416_2104258.jpg

12. Oct 24, 2022 at 4:38 PM
    VaToy

VaToy Life Long Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    Bilsteins 5100s on the top setting, 4runner Gray TRD Pro Sema wheels, 285/70/17 Toyo AT3s, Sumo Bump stops, TRD exhaust, ECGS Clamshell bushing, 1/4 shim for the lean and one inch rear block, OEM Pro grill and garnish OEM TRD Skid plate, TRD CAI, Demon Brackets, Rigid Industries Pro fog lights, OEM Trail Rails sidebars, Diode Dynamics LED SL1 high and low beam lights, OEM Roof racks, Clazzio leather heated seats, Remote Start, TRD Pro shift knob, tinted windows, Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp for the headunit and sub and amp combo, OEM Puddle lights, OEM tailgate lock, OEM bed mat, LED interior lights, OEM blackout kit for letters, JLT catch can, upgraded 27F toyota True Start battery, Vleds led tail light kit with Pro tail lights, OEM Rave4 side mirrors with convex spotters,just to name a few mods.
    Any thought on the clear lights? I see where ice blue may be the best match.

13. Oct 24, 2022 at 5:47 PM
    oostroma

oostroma [OP] (Boomer)

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    It depends on lowlights sensitive your eyes are. They can be quite bright.

14. Oct 30, 2022 at 10:47 AM
    Sliding West

Sliding West Mad Props!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    20 AG Pro
    I haven't seen the other colours in person, but the ice blue look like they came from the factory like that. That's been my goal in upgrades this time around.

VaToy[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Feb 2, 2023 at 2:32 PM
    VaToy

VaToy Life Long Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    I have the Ice blue ones, might put them in this weekend. What color is everyone running?

16. Feb 2, 2023 at 2:55 PM
    oostroma

oostroma [OP] (Boomer)

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Standard blue was my choice.

IMG_20200915_2054406.jpg

VaToy likes this.
  17. Feb 4, 2023 at 6:55 PM
    VaToy

VaToy Life Long Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    I installed mine but I have a question. The 1st question is the web site says they come on when ignition is turned on so whos cuts on this way?Mine come on when I turn on the headlights. My 2nd question is when the wire from the well light which one is it supposed to plug into, because the new harness has 2 plugs. I used the one that looks like a inline fuse. They work but was curious as to why there are two plugs and only one well can plug into it.

18. Feb 4, 2023 at 7:10 PM
    oostroma

oostroma [OP] (Boomer)

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    The wire harness taps in parallel to the illumination circuit for the lights in the arm rest.
    I don't think KJTO ever explains why the 2nd output but you could use it to illuminate the door pockets like I did.

19. Feb 4, 2023 at 7:15 PM
    VaToy

VaToy Life Long Member

Member:
    Parts Unknown
    Vehicle:
    Ok thanks. So I assume yours comes on with the headlights, so their website is wrong. I assume it doesn't matter which one to use? They did sent me a rear sliding window one touch kit as well. That was an easy install.

20. Feb 4, 2023 at 7:17 PM
    Tacospike

Tacospike Semi-Unknown Custodial Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB / 17 Tundra 5.7L 4X4 CM
    Two Trucks
    Red X2

Products Discussed in

To Top