1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door Issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by allents6, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Feb 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM
    allents6

allents6 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TAllen
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab SRS TRD 4x4
    K&N FIlter
    I have a situation and I know this will be tough with out actually seeing the problem at hand. A couple of months ago I was getting in my truck about to leave and the door was about 1/2 open. A drug crazed family member decided they didn't want me to leave so they decide to attempt to rip my door off my truck.:mad: They managed to basically do a full force body block my door forcing it open and basically past 90 degrees. It broke the door stop, creased the front edge of door on the hinges. Now, besides a crease in my door I have another problem. One, the window will only go down about half way before it just stops. Something is binding it and prevents it from going all the way down. Secondly the door will open and shut, but it seems to have pressure on the latch and doesn't shut like it did prior. You guys think I'm look at new hinges? Secondly, What could be preventing window to roll all the way down?

2. Feb 11, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    cc350

cc350 Buckeye Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Liberty,Twp Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD DC
    TRex3 eyelids,Undercover hardshell cover,Timbrens
    Sounds like the outer door skin is pushed in against the window track. Pull the door panel of and try to push it out. Check hinges and replace if needed. Also check the cab mount for hinged to see if they were deformed. If so you'll need to remove door and fix.

3. Feb 11, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Its not hard to imagine, people do this stuff all the time. Usually backing up with the door open and not noticing a pole or something .. but it happens.

THe kink is hitting a piece of the window mechanism. If you got the means to get it to a body shop, I'd go ahead and do that. But yea, hopefully its just your hinges (which are hopefully serviceable) and they are bent. That's causing your trouble with closing.

Take homeboy's drug money and bring it to a body shop.

Not hitting your fender is it?

4. Feb 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    More than likely it laid in the pillar on the front of the hinges.. the pressure could be from that or it could have teaked the door up or down, or forward not allowing the latch to sit correctly on the striker, which would cause a 'pop' and/or the door to drop slightly when opened.. and for the window, hes right the knk is more than likeley causing that.. my advice is to pull the door off the hinges and check for pillar damage.. also check the door where the hinges bolt because thats more than likely laid in... sounds to me like youll need a whole new door... and for the hinges its hard to say.. they dont bend easily.. normally just the door shell and pillar get tweaked making it look like the hinges are the problem.. not sur ehow much they are but to be on the safe side, id replace themmm.. if theyre astronomical.. try it w/o hinges.. they arent hard to get at if yyou had to replace them after.

5. Feb 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    allents6

allents6 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TAllen
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab SRS TRD 4x4
    K&N FIlter
    No, its not hitting the fender. Just creased door when the d.a. shoved it backwards. Its always nice when somebody w/ no money, no purpose, and no life decide to destroy somebody else's property. Hombeboy has no cash, I'll have to eat what ever expense it is, which will be tough for me right now.

By the way, I've checked the gap on the door and it seems to be okay all the way around. Of course this is coming from some one who has never done a days worth of body work.

6. Feb 11, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    yea.. I don't suffer fools to my vicinity.. family or not. DNA does not a friend make.

Your paint is probably cracked. If you have to put off fixing it (which MIGHT wear out your latch) should probably hit it with some paint to prevent further damage from rust. OR.. you could try to find a used door.

To Top